Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just for clarification, Sprint has only a 14 day return/exchange period.

Meghan Edmonds
    Technical Service Representative

Sprint PCS, Brookwood
    1925 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Voice: 404.351.2225
    Fax: 404.350.7266
  2.    #22  
    Now, I got it. New to the terminology.

It looks like the best deal for me. Now, just bitting the bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_auto_bra
    I do not qualify for the trial period, since I am under contract and not good for any phone upgrades. I was thinking about getting the phone from like e-*ay, and then auctioning my Sanyo and T5. I should come out even then.

Thanks, Mark.
    Hey ergosum (Thanks, by the way.) . . . . . Can Mark get the 14 day trial??
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ergosum
    Just for clarification, Sprint has only a 14 day return/exchange period.
    Appreciate the clarification. I think I will have to get it somewhere else, since I am no eligible for any rebates from Sprint and $599 is little high for me. Any suggestions on how to overcome it and still get the phone from Sprint?

Thanks, Mark.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Bluetooth Car Kit compatibility:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(39902)#supported

I guess the above won't auto link, you will have to paste the address into your web browser. . . . Acura was listed as Yes w/ a footnote.
    I am on the Acura forum all the time, and it seems that most of the issues have been resolved.
    Are you willing to re-up for another two years from this point? Sometimes the store customer service people have some leeway in what they can offer you, heck I got a new phone from AT&T once within the contract period-- and it showed up on my bill as a charge for the phone and a equal credit, labeled as "Customer Retention." Go up the ladder until you find the person who can negotiate. . . . . .
    FYI... I like my Treo screen much better than the T3 I used to use. The Treo is brighter, and the colors seem truer. I do not miss the extra screen size at all, since it was mainly used for input. Since the Treo has a keyboard, this should be a non-issue. The only advantage the T3 had for me was using it in landscape mode for web browsing, which sucked because the only way I could do it was via a Sony-Ericsson T608, whose Bluetooth support is shaky.

In a nutshell, the Treo 650 is the best phone and the best PDA I have ever seen. That they are in one device is amazing.

-Randy
  8.    #28  
    Are you willing to re-up for another two years from this point? Sometimes the store customer service people have some leeway in what they can offer you, heck I got a new phone from AT&T once within the contract period-- and it showed up on my bill as a charge for the phone and a equal credit, labeled as "Customer Retention." Go up the ladder until you find the person who can negotiate. . . . . .
    I found in the past that Sprint was willing to go out of their way for customers. Not anymore, though.

I have been with them for 6 years or so with 3-5 lines at a time.

If they do not have to do something, they will not. Especially that the only good rebate they have ($150) is mail. I could upgrade my wife's phone, but they she would have to use for 2-3 months. By then, she would get used to it and not want to give it back
    Appreciate the clarification. I think I will have to get it somewhere else, since I am no eligible for any rebates from Sprint and $599 is little high for me. Any suggestions on how to overcome it and still get the phone from Sprint?

Thanks, Mark.
    Random thoughts. . . .

Do you have a wife or child that needs a cell phone? Do the add a line thing and get the rebate on the Treo 650 that way and then have them swap the cell #'s around so you keep your number and get the Treo.
    We have to quit passing each other . . .

Upgrade hers and swap the numbers to keep your number and the Treo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way she won't get used to it. . . . .
  11.    #31  
    We have to quit passing each other . . .

Upgrade hers and swap the numbers to keep your number and the Treo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way she won't get used to it. . . . .
    Cannot swap it until you get the rebate back and that is about 60-90 days
    You are being difficult !!!
    Do Sprint stores have month end sales goals like car dealers . . . . . find someone that's behind !!

I'm checking with my Sprint store on the way home!

Cheers, Perry.
    Couldn't you just pay full price at Sprint and try the 650 for the 14-day trial, then return it? Is their return policy "no questions asked" if done within the 14 days?

There's an ad in the Marketplace section by someone that wants to trade a Sprint 650 for a GSM 650, maybe he'd sell it for a decent price...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Couldn't you just pay full price at Sprint and try the 650 for the 14-day trial, then return it? Is their return policy "no questions asked" if done within the 14 days?

There's an ad in the Marketplace section by someone that wants to trade a Sprint 650 for a GSM 650, maybe he'd sell it for a decent price...
    Do not know about the no questions asked. I know they charge activation fee then.

I posted for the guy in the marketplace. We will see. Thanks for the heads up.
  16.    #36  
    Do Sprint stores have month end sales goals like car dealers . . . . . find someone that's behind !!

I'm checking with my Sprint store on the way home!

Cheers, Perry.
    Check it out. Maybe they are nicer in your neck of the woods.
    Check it out. Maybe they are nicer in your neck of the woods.
    Same story. . . . . 18 months b4 upgrade availability. They were helpful.. . . suggested a new line for a kid, upgrade the wife and switch, E-Bay and such, but it appears they are locked into (as you stated) a current corporate mandate as far as rebates for existing lines. . . .

Cheers, Perry
  18.    #38  
    Told ya ( ), but thank you veeerrrryyyy much for checking. I will be shopping e-b*y.

For some add reason, I cannot wait.

Thanks you, Mark.
    Told ya ( ), but thank you veeerrrryyyy much for checking. I will be shopping e-b*y.

For some add reason, I cannot wait.

Thanks you, Mark.
    I cannot think of a reason why you would !!! Good luck on the E-B*y hunt. Welcome to being a Treonaut! (To steal a name from another site.)

Will you use Documents To Go? If so, after you install, go to this thread and use this tool -- it will free up 4mb of internal memory for you -- assuming you will have an SD card.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Also, before installing anything else, install the 1.12 Sprint firmware upgrade, if it is not already on the unit you get.

Do the 14 day free trial on the Voice Signal (voice dialing) software, as well. It is great. It will be perfect when they get it to work with a bluetooth headpiece or car kit. (At the PalmOne web site, under support, select Treo 650, select Sprint, go to bottom of page to downloads.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/21/2005 at 06:40 PM.
  20.    #40  
    I am hunting.

Thanks for advise and info.

Mark.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast