1.    #1  
    After a HotSync, my log file always says:

"The file is being edited on the handheld. Please save it and synchronize again."

So I assume that particular file is not being backed up. The file has been saved and no files are open. I've tried opening it, changing it, and saving it again but this does not help. I've also tried opening, changing, and saving another file, but that doesn't help either.

Any ideas? I'm using the latest version of Docs2Go on a Treo 650. The file in question is an Excel spreadsheet saved in Docs2Go format on the handheld and in Excel format on the laptop.

Thanks in advance.
    You might have the file open in DTG. Go to the app and make sure you close the file before doing a hotsync. Just a thought. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    You might have the file open in DTG. Go to the app and make sure you close the file before doing a hotsync. Just a thought. Hope this helps.
    Thanks ChemEngr. I happen to be a Chemical Engineer since 1987.

Anyway, no files are open, but nice try anyhow.
  4.    #4  
    O.k., I fixed it. Here's how, for future reference:

I saved the file under a new name on the T650, sync'ed, then deleted the old file from both phone and laptop, then sync'ed, then renamed the file back to the old file on T650, then sync'ed, then deleted the temporary version from both devices.
    I get this all the time too. Support is dismal. I submit a question, and it takes 2 weeks to get a useless answer. FYI, I've found that intentionally leaving that file OPEN seems to correct the problem. Do a HotSync, then close the file again, and HotSync again. Problem solved (we shoudn't have to go through all this though)