Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Dear all,

    I managed to break the display of my Treo 600 (don't ask me how, can't believe how stupid I was :-((

    Anyway, is there any hope? Is there a chance to get this repaired anywhere? Any other tips?

    Thank you
  2. #2  
    Well, I did the same last week and the Sprint people told me that it needs to be replaced. I am waiting for the new unit now.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rottmair
    Dear all,

    I managed to break the display of my Treo 600 (don't ask me how, can't believe how stupid I was :-((

    Anyway, is there any hope? Is there a chance to get this repaired anywhere? Any other tips?

    Thank you
    Damaged displays seemed to be a big problem with little resources. I've seem some people willing to sell a "used" display for $100 and other selling "new" displays for $175.

    Palm will repair or replace your device for $179 plus tax. If you purchased the device new and have insurance, you should be able to get a replacement with little hassels.

    Maybe now is the time to upgrade to the 650 if you want to spend the money, otherwise my best advise is to send to Palm. Why? Because they'll warranty their work, you know who they are and that they'll be there tomorrow. I'm open to do it yourself if a screen could be had for a reasonable price, but to date I haven't found one.

    good luck
  4. #4  
    Another option that has been mentioned before (depends on how long ago you bought it) is to go through your credit card for reimbursement (assuming you used a cc). Some cc have pretty good warranties on things purchased with them.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Another option that has been mentioned before (depends on how long ago you bought it) is to go through your credit card for reimbursement (assuming you used a cc). Some cc have pretty good warranties on things purchased with them.
    That's a great suggestion, definately worth looking in to.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you all. Phoned with T-Mobile the other day and they will exchange it. Should cost about $70.00

    Hope it all works out - feels so strange without my Treo ;-)
  7. #7  
    So I just turned my 600 off after making a call, and went to use it 30 seconds later and the screen is all yellow. There is no crakcs or damage to it, and I put it in the holder and pulled it out to use it. I didnt drop it on the table or anything like that. I find it hard to beleive the LCD broke by normal use... It has never given any sign of failure, but just today. Has anyone else had the yellow screen happen? there is no other colors on it, no runs or lines, it still turns on and receives calls.... And Cingular doesnt warranty or Insure the Treo phones.. how about that. Anyone?
  8. #8  
    So i called and *****ed about my Treo.. and got no where.. Warranty/ Insurance dept.."Your LCD is broken, thats not covered under warranty, and your insurance doesnt cover Treos".. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . THANKS FOR NOTHING??? so then I got back on the phone to the normal Cingular service to handle it.. Its handled.. So I go take the 600 apart to see whats the deal (nothing to lose right?). and just unplug and re-plug every ribbon cable attached to the screen, and Viola!I not even touched one, and the screen flickered. it just was loose, so it works fine.. Just think its F-ed up that they would tell me its broke when I know I didnt drop it or anything close to that!!!! normal use caused the cable to losen up. oh well... I bought a new one already..a 650.. hope its better...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbofastr
    So i called and *****ed about my Treo.. and got no where.. Warranty/ Insurance dept.."Your LCD is broken, thats not covered under warranty, and your insurance doesnt cover Treos".. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . THANKS FOR NOTHING??? so then I got back on the phone to the normal Cingular service to handle it.. Its handled.. So I go take the 600 apart to see whats the deal (nothing to lose right?). and just unplug and re-plug every ribbon cable attached to the screen, and Viola!I not even touched one, and the screen flickered. it just was loose, so it works fine.. Just think its F-ed up that they would tell me its broke when I know I didnt drop it or anything close to that!!!! normal use caused the cable to losen up. oh well... I bought a new one already..a 650.. hope its better...
    Excellent info! I notice while I had mine apart there wasn't anything to hold the flex circuit in place, so it stands to reason it may pop out.

    Thanks again for the info!

Posting Permissions