Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I followed instructions to the T, but the update process keeps resetting. I actually saw the dialpad come up once, but the update started over again. I'm afraid to take the battery out because i don't want to screw up my 600 dollar phone. what can I do?
    Last edited by djraw; 06/21/2005 at 02:40 AM.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Mine has done that sometimes... after a random crash... just reboots continuously.... not lately though....

Firstly what stage are you exactly at? When does it reboot? Does the firmware install complete?

Probably I would do a hard reset (painful as that might seem) although try a soft reset first (this worked for me on the third time) - before the reset though take your SD card out of the slot as it will just attempt a firmware upgrade again.

If you got to the dialpad I'd be pretty sure you are OK in terms of firmware install...

Anyhow you have no choice (

Good luck and tell us how things go!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    It would complete the entire update and reset and start the update over again. What I did was wait until after a reset and hit the "hang up" button twice. That broke the loop, and everything was fine after that. I did a HotSync and all is good now. My question is: Ok, we got Bluetooth networking, which is cool, but when are we gonna get the WiFi networking ablity?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....