Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After I updated my ROM to 1.12, some of my Treo hack, extensions, plugins programs have been giving me lots of problems. Maily slowing down my Treo. Here is my list of apps that need to be updated to be more compatible with the Treo 650 after the new ROM update:
    -Ennergy Dimmer
    -KBlights
    -Zlauncher ZLStatus plug-in (For bluetooth)

I would recommend to stay away from them.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    -KBlights
    -Zlauncher ZLStatus plug-in (For bluetooth)

I would recommend to stay away from them.

Al
    Are there any other specific problems you're encountered with these two?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I would also add that Audible now soft resets. I'm also curious about what problems Treolo has had with KBLightsOff. I haven't noticed anything wrong.
    Have no problems with KBLightsOff, neither with the ZLauncher's Bluetooth Plugin.

Firmware 01.28
    Software Treo650-1.13-ROW
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No trouble with Audible here, though I haven't given it full use since updating. However, the Keyboard software causes a reset every single time I've tried to access it.
  6.    #6  
    Hi all,

*KBlights seems to work fine, but eventually it seems to conflict with the my Treo and slows down the Treo.
    *ZL BlueTooth Plug-in has a know issue and the developer is aware of it according to one of the Zlauncher threads I've read on TC. The problem is that when the plug-in is active and you turn off the BT it slows down the Treo.

I've seen that my Treo slows down more with these programs enable. I'm pretty sure they need to be updated.

Al
    For the best app to control kb lights, use ProfileCare. Jeff has been very intense and diligent in solving kb light problems both for gsm and cdma treos. The latest build 1.4.4 got it all right.
    The only issue I've had with KBlights since the upgrade is that the 650 defaults to having the keyboard lights on after a soft reset. Doesn't happen 100% of the time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The only issue I've had with KBlights since the upgrade is that the 650 defaults to having the keyboard lights on after a soft reset. Doesn't happen 100% of the time though.
    MarkY,

That's a known problem that I've fixed and will be out in the next release. In the mean time, as a workaround, if you set the lights to OFF from within KBLO once, it will correctly default to off after a reset.
    keyshades hack is working flawless, and its free (toggles keyboard lights with the push of a button)

the beta is the same as the new version 1.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Hi all,

*KBlights seems to work fine, but eventually it seems to conflict with the my Treo and slows down the Treo.
    *ZL BlueTooth Plug-in has a know issue and the developer is aware of it according to one of the Zlauncher threads I've read on TC. The problem is that when the plug-in is active and you turn off the BT it slows down the Treo.

I've seen that my Treo slows down more with these programs enable. I'm pretty sure they need to be updated.

Al
    Treoleo,

Did you do this in isolation for KB LightsOff? Do you get a slowdown if it's enabled, normal speed if disabled then slowdown again if it's enabled?
    Pocket Mini Golf does a soft reset when I hit the ball out of play. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    Pocket Mini Golf does a soft reset when I hit the ball out of play. :/
    it's not a reset. It's called a Mulligan.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I would also add that Audible now soft resets. I'm also curious about what problems Treolo has had with KBLightsOff. I haven't noticed anything wrong.
    My version (1.01) of KBlightsoff does not appear to work with the Treo's "Night Mode." Activating the "Night Mode" (option/up arrow) turns on the keyboard to a dim setting even if you had shut it off and if you try and turn off the keyboard with kblightsoff while "night mode" is on, then the screen brightens up again.

Kblights off, however, works fine otherwise including with manual brightness adjustments.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I've used my keyboard daily since the update and have not had any problems. I am using V1.05 (Build 1206).
    Thanks for that prompt, I went and upgraded the keyboard software to 1.08 but it still didn't help. The keyboard itself does mostly work, however I can't access the software to change any settings. It resets the phone every single time.
    You guys are lucky. After the update my entire Calendar program went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by arielmt
    Thanks for that prompt, I went and upgraded the keyboard software to 1.08 but it still didn't help. The keyboard itself does mostly work, however I can't access the software to change any settings. It resets the phone every single time.
    Update: my keyboard is acting strange. I am having to hit keys numerous times and every now and then it types whatever it wants. I thought is was working fine. But, I only typed small things at a time.
    I am also having an issue with Keyshades. It works fine until you dim the screen using the toggle+right shift. When the treo's screen dims, the keyboard come back on dimmed as well. You try to turn it off with the side button and the kb turns off but the screen goes back to full brightness.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Update: my keyboard is acting strange. I am having to hit keys numerous times and every now and then it types whatever it wants.
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant when I said it mostly worked. Let me revise that now to 'works with difficulty' and ask... Have you tried to access the keyboard software to change any settings?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Treoleo,

Did you do this in isolation for KB LightsOff? Do you get a slowdown if it's enabled, normal speed if disabled then slowdown again if it's enabled?
    It is not instantly, it takes some time after it is enable to get this behavior. But once it is disable I do see the difference in speed.

Al
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast