1.    #1  
    Alrighty then.

I just recieved my HBH-660 and I'm tickled pink at how nice and well this BT headset is working with my 650. (too bad I couldnt say the same for the Motorola line of BT headsets.)

so now I'm wondering who makes the best eargels for this headset? someone told me that the Jabra kit from Radio Shack will work but then someone else said that they wont because the earpiece on the HBH-660 is slanted and that makes it hard to use the eargels from Radio Shack.

^ is this true or not? if it is, where can I order me a set of these eargels to use with my HBH-660?
    I bought the Jabra ones and had a problem with it staying on the headset - the slant was the problem. Ultimately, I ended up super gluing the eargel to the headset and it's been fine ever since. I could never see a time when I wouldn't want the eargel on, so the permanence of the super glue was not big deal for me.
    I haven't tried them yet because I haven't bought a headset yet but from reading these forums it seems the clear Jabras work but don't stay on well. The colored Jabras are much tighter and stay on but are very difficult to put on in the first place.

Of course there seems to be dissenting opinions for everything with regard to the Treo 650. This is my own summarized impression from reading enough posts to go cross-eyed although I didn't bother tabulating the exact numbers.
  4. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The speaker of my HBH-662 sits a bit too high to use an ear gel, is there a trick to adjust it so it sits lower?

UPDATE: after doing a search seems like the guys with the eargels don't the 660/662 without the earclip. So is it secure enough to use it while walking? The 662 is a bit on the heavier side.
    Last edited by ayn; 06/23/2005 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayn
    The speaker of my HBH-662 sits a bit too high to use an ear gel, is there a trick to adjust it so it sits lower?

UPDATE: after doing a search seems like the guys with the eargels don't the 660/662 without the earclip. So is it secure enough to use it while walking? The 662 is a bit on the heavier side.
    There is no problem using the 660/662 with only the eargel. Oddly, it feels as if it'll fall off but it doesn't. With only the eargel I can shake my head very hard and the only thing that happens is my head hurts! The eargel keeps the 660/662 in place. You are correct, the positioning is difficult if you use the eargel and ear clip.
    I'm so wary about gluing it. However, I may end up having to because there is no other option if I want the eargel on it. The clip is too loose for me. I come from using a Jabra BT250 and that was super secure on my ear (the quality just stunk outside). This 662 meets all of my needs. I hope to make a decision on the eargel soon!
    the jabras never seemed to fit me well. I can never get them to stay in... Any suggestions on alternate methods/eargels?
    anyone able to post pics of eargels rigged onto a 660/662?
    i put the jabra ear gel on my hbh 662 with NO glue and i have never had a problem. it does NOT come off and i could shake my head if i wanted to
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    i put the jabra ear gel on my hbh 662 with NO glue and i have never had a problem. it does NOT come off and i could shake my head if i wanted to
    I'd sure like to know how you did that, because I can't get this eargel on without it coming off, and I refuse to put glue on an $80 earpiece and risk messing it up. While I do like the ear hook, at times I can't ear as well as I'd like to, so a gel would be ideal.
    Here's a picture of my 662 with eargels (a little blurry, Treo650 quality). I bought Jabra eargels, clear, not colored, at Radioshack. With a little pulling, the eargels side right over the slanted speaker portion.

On the "fat" side of the slanted portion, there is a good centimeter of grip. On the slim side of the slanted portion, there is maybe 4 millimeters. That seems to be enough, because it stays on without glue. The only time it has come off is once in a great while when it rustles around a lot in my pants pocket. Shirt pocket, it will stay on for sure.

I wear the 662 with the eargels walking around all the time and I never fear it falling out. In all, a good setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I initially used the clear Jabra eargels but it discolored (and looking dirty) after a month or so and it didn't look sanitary at all while your HBH is on your ear. So I replaced it with the purple Jabra. I also eventually superglued it to keep it in place. Be careful when you do this, those damn superglues go permanent in less than 10 seconds, so make sure you do a dry run so you know exactly where to squeeze the Jabra eargel into the HBH It was worse and more stressful than installing the screen protectors.

Like I said before, I use my HBH662 on almost all my calls that nowadays it looks so "old fashion" when I see people holding their cellphones against their ear!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I agree that the clear eargels can look dirty after a while. I've taken mine off a few times to give it a good wash. I haven't done the superglue thing b/c I don't think I really need it -- and I'm scared. Maybe rubber cement would be a good alternative since you can just peel it off later if you mess up or if you want to later sell the headset.
    I tried to use rubber cement to hold the jabra eargels to my 662. It made a mess and didn't really help. I tried it a couple times, but the eargels kept falling off when I put the headset in my jeans pocket.

Luckily, the rubber cement cleans off the headset very easily. I may go the superglue route sometime. The eargels stay on without glue as long as you don't jostle them around too much, like when they are in a pocket and you're moving around a lot. I've been keeping the headset in my pocket a lot lately, and about 1/3 the time, the eargel falls off. If it gets too annoying, I'm supergluing the suckers.
    The purple eargels don't need any glue. I use one and it's very secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    Alrighty then.

I just recieved my HBH-660 and I'm tickled pink at how nice and well this BT headset is working with my 650. (too bad I couldnt say the same for the Motorola line of BT headsets.)

so now I'm wondering who makes the best eargels for this headset? someone told me that the Jabra kit from Radio Shack will work but then someone else said that they wont because the earpiece on the HBH-660 is slanted and that makes it hard to use the eargels from Radio Shack.

^ is this true or not? if it is, where can I order me a set of these eargels to use with my HBH-660?
    What ear size are you? I only use larges, so I have extra of the other sizes.

I'm surprised we're not trading earpieces with each other more. So many of us have them just lying around never being used....................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!