1.    #1  
    Ok folks, here's the deal. I have the Tungston C and Sanyo MM5600. SprintPCS. In the past, I've used the Blackberry and I crave carrying ONE piece of equipment. My hangup (parden the pun) is the 650's rep for having poor RF compared to the Sanyo. Maybe this is a Sprint issue. So, I've come to you for advise and perspective. I really want to know that the phone function (signal capture) is equal to the 5600.

Thanks in advance for your advise...and please be gentle with the flames

I think I will be hard tell. We don't know your exact coverage area now.

Why not bye it and try it for the trial. Once you go coverged...you won't go back ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

it's hard to beat the 650 for the all in one capabilities. plus the expansion.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think I will be hard tell. We don't know your exact coverage area now.

Why not bye it and try it for the trial. Once you go coverged...you won't go back ;-)
    I live in the 20 miles east of Seattle. I'm just past the 30 day trial period with Sprint (I'm a new customer) so if I buy it'll be on eBay. I believe in convergence (yes, there is a God), however, my hangup is whether the 650 is as good or better at phone reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellheader
    I live in the 20 miles east of Seattle.
    Cool. I grew up in Port Orchard across the Sound. Have you been to SafeCo Field? Loved it.

I'm just past the 30 day trial period with Sprint (I'm a new customer) so if I buy it'll be on eBay.
    So you have had it for 30 days and returned it? You should know by now if you think its good enough as a phone.

I have seen them on ebay for about $425.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

when I used to sell sprint phones my little catch phrase was "nothing beats a sanyo" and really that is the truth. but the Treo would be second best in my opinion. you will notice a slight difference but I can assure you it is not as drastic as everyone makes it sound. Also when you get it if you do, everything is trial and error. it is going to take time to work out the kinks just by trying different progs to see what will work and what will not. There is also a lot of different threads talking about compatibility of progs. I am just telling you this because I can't stand people who go out and buy this device and complain about it not working. Remember treo's are like an instrument, you have to fine tune tune it to make it sound beautiful. Hope this helps, -Joe
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaoliva
    Remember treo's are like an instrument, you have to fine tune tune it to make it sound beautiful. Hope this helps, -Joe
    Joe, some would argue that its a little more than fine tuning but your points are valid

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Cool. I grew up in Port Orchard across the Sound. Have you been to SafeCo Field? Loved it.

So you have had it for 30 days and returned it? You should know by now if you think its good enough as a phone.

I have seen them on ebay for about $425.
    I've been to Safeco many times. Great place to watch baseball. The visiting players seem to feel the same.

Sorry for the confusion. I currently have the Sanyo 5600 and Tungston C. Previously I used the BB and loved it (except for it being on Nextel and miserable ring tones). I'm just beyond the 30-day window with the Sanyo/Sprint service plan so I'm SOL on exchanging it. I'm looking at eBay as the place where I'll purchase the 650. Prices running into the 460+ range.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I live in the 20 miles east of Seattle. I'm just past the 30 day trial period with Sprint (I'm a new customer) so if I buy it'll be on eBay. I believe in convergence (yes, there is a God), however, my hangup is whether the 650 is as good or better at phone reception.
    I'm east of Seattle as well, near Issaquah. I can't make much comparisons, because my treo 650 is my first sprint phone, but my 650 seems to have better reception than my last phone on a different carrier. My coverage has been satisfactory with Sprint.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    I'm east of Seattle as well, near Issaquah. I can't make much comparisons, because my treo 650 is my first sprint phone, but my 650 seems to have better reception than my last phone on a different carrier. My coverage has been satisfactory with Sprint.
    I also live in Issaquah (up on the plateau). Have you traveled to eastern WA and, if so, what was the reception with the 650?