1.    #1  
    I called Cingular to get unlocked and got the expected run around. Eventually promised unlock code in less than 5 days (didn't say whether they meant US customary or metric days).

Anyways getting ready for a road trip and setting the t650 as a DUN connection for my laptop.

Is the interface a hot sync cable? USB or what at laptop?

Byron
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ologged
    Anyways getting ready for a road trip and setting the t650 as a DUN connection for my laptop.

Is the interface a hot sync cable? USB or what at laptop?

Byron
    You need a hot sync cable like one of these. I'm a Sprint user, so I don't know what kind of procedures you ned to go through in order to use the Treo as a modem on Cingular, but I have to have PDANet. It works very well for me, but, as always, YMMV.

Good luck.
    DUN works great for me over BT. I have a Cingular locked phone running the new ROW firmware.
  4.    #4  
    I've got to check my new laptop to see if it is BT capable, don't recall.

What new ROW firmware, I thought Cingular had not released yet and most people were unlocking and using unsupported 1.23-1.28 etc.

Byron
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ologged
    I've got to check my new laptop to see if it is BT capable, don't recall.

What new ROW firmware, I thought Cingular had not released yet and most people were unlocking and using unsupported 1.23-1.28 etc.

Byron
    That's what I mean, but unlocking has nothing to do with it. . .

If your laptop has a USB port, it should be able to do BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter
    You need a hot sync cable like one of these. I'm a Sprint user, so I don't know what kind of procedures you ned to go through in order to use the Treo as a modem on Cingular, but I have to have PDANet. It works very well for me, but, as always, YMMV.

Good luck.
    Wait, can't you use the hotsync cable that comes with the phone?
    You can use the cable that came with the phone...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  8.    #8  
    Tony,

What version of ROW and any hints on BT DUN setup? Are you using the Cng dataplan or pdanet or what?
  9.    #9  
    What version of ROW and any hints on BT DUN setup? Are you using the Cng dataplan or pdanet or what?
    I'm on Cingular and using the latest ROW (1.28). I just did a search and read the existing threads on BT DUN. I also hit shadowmite's site, which has some good info. I am not using PDANet. I just bought a BT dongle and used the built in BT DUN.

Good luck!