Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I called Cingular to get unlocked and got the expected run around. Eventually promised unlock code in less than 5 days (didn't say whether they meant US customary or metric days).

    Anyways getting ready for a road trip and setting the t650 as a DUN connection for my laptop.

    Is the interface a hot sync cable? USB or what at laptop?

    Byron
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ologged
    Anyways getting ready for a road trip and setting the t650 as a DUN connection for my laptop.

    Is the interface a hot sync cable? USB or what at laptop?

    Byron
    You need a hot sync cable like one of these. I'm a Sprint user, so I don't know what kind of procedures you ned to go through in order to use the Treo as a modem on Cingular, but I have to have PDANet. It works very well for me, but, as always, YMMV.

    Good luck.
  3. #3  
    DUN works great for me over BT. I have a Cingular locked phone running the new ROW firmware.
  4.    #4  
    I've got to check my new laptop to see if it is BT capable, don't recall.

    What new ROW firmware, I thought Cingular had not released yet and most people were unlocking and using unsupported 1.23-1.28 etc.

    Byron
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ologged
    I've got to check my new laptop to see if it is BT capable, don't recall.

    What new ROW firmware, I thought Cingular had not released yet and most people were unlocking and using unsupported 1.23-1.28 etc.

    Byron
    That's what I mean, but unlocking has nothing to do with it. . .

    If your laptop has a USB port, it should be able to do BT.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter
    You need a hot sync cable like one of these. I'm a Sprint user, so I don't know what kind of procedures you ned to go through in order to use the Treo as a modem on Cingular, but I have to have PDANet. It works very well for me, but, as always, YMMV.

    Good luck.
    Wait, can't you use the hotsync cable that comes with the phone?
  7. #7  
    You can use the cable that came with the phone...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  8.    #8  
    Tony,

    What version of ROW and any hints on BT DUN setup? Are you using the Cng dataplan or pdanet or what?
  9.    #9  
    What version of ROW and any hints on BT DUN setup? Are you using the Cng dataplan or pdanet or what?
  10. #10  
    I'm on Cingular and using the latest ROW (1.28). I just did a search and read the existing threads on BT DUN. I also hit shadowmite's site, which has some good info. I am not using PDANet. I just bought a BT dongle and used the built in BT DUN.

    Good luck!

Posting Permissions