1.    #1  
    I Have A Treo 650, Treo 600 And A Tungsten C With Various Versions Of Aol For Palm.
    On The Same Day, They All Stopped Getting Aol Email For One Of Our Aol Email Names. Others Names. Under The Same Account, Still Work, Just This One Email Address Stopped Working.

When You Sign On It Stops And Says "failed To Establish Services"

It's Been Over A Month!!

A Month Of Standard, Stupid Responses From Aol Pda Help Email Service........
    "reset Your Phone" " Re-install The Software"

Duh.....it Is Not Working On Multiple Devices.
    It Must Be A Setting On My Aol Or....a Problem At Aol.

There Is No Real Help From Aol For Palm Software. No Support At All.

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What I Can Do To Get My Email Working Again On My Palm Devices?
    HANDWOUND TREO

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
    I guess you can post this in every single forum...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Anybody that has AOL should stop messing with AOL made Palm software. It is plain silly to rely on AOL. You are just wasting your money and time. Then, what should you do? It depends:
    1. You have a Treo and you want an AOL email app for free: Then use versamail
    2. You want to use AOL and other POP3 accounts: Then buy Snappermail
    3. You only use AOL and maybe some other IMAP accounts: Then use Chatteremail. As far as I know, AOL has promised us, chatteremail users, that they will be implementing the idle command to deliver true PUSH email.

I hope this is clear,

Al
    Hand Wound, please try to avoid duplicate postings.

Thank you.
  5.    #5  
    It's Easy To Say Don't Use Aol Palm Software. But It Is Much Better Than Versamail. It's Live. Instant Organization Of Your Emails. No Downloading Then Sending Later. Easy Read Out. I Find I Like It Better Than The Others.
    HANDWOUND TREO

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
  6.    #6  
    Has Anyone Ever Had This Problem? You Sign On To Your Aol Using Aol Palm Software And You Get A "failed To Establish Services" Error Message.
    Please Let Us Know.
    HANDWOUND TREO

7.    #7  
    I called AOL and wouldn't take "No" for an answer.
    They clain they don't support it....yeah....?? If you bug em enough they do!!
    I pleaded....complained...screamed...threatened...blogged....and called some more.

Hey!!!!.......It got fixed that day!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! EMAIL.

AOL email for palm is better than any Chatter, Snapper, Versa...hands-down! for sure. I had a month and a half to try them all.
    BYE!
    HANDWOUND TREO

8.    #8  
    I've Had Aol For Palm For 3 Years Now. This Has Happened Before Twice.
    Each Time For 1 To 3 Days. This Month And A Half Problem Has Never Happened Before And During That Time I Was Able To Use "auto Aol" Which Works Much Better Than Versamail Or Chattermail Or Snappermail.

It's Just When Aol For Palm Works Fully.....you Are Online Sending, Writing, Im-ing Etc.....

I Now Use Auto Aol More On Airplanes, Hospitals Etc...where The Cell Service Insn't Available.
    HANDWOUND TREO

I have no problem getting my aol account with versamail. incoming mail server set to imap.uk.aol.com
    outgoing set to smtp.uk.aol.com

No issues
    Forgot to say also have aol's wap address so I can sign in and do emails that way. also allows for IM

http://mobile.aol.co.uk/servlet/c?sid=kfcdkshwomqu

I can pick up/send my emails either way
    Anyone know anymore about this? I have been using AOL for palm 3.3 for over 2 years. I am now getting "Failed to Establish Service" only on 1 of my Screen Names. I tried hard resetting and installing it new. No dice!!!! I honestly have no idea on this one. 4 out of the 5 names can sign on.. AOL is no help!
    I have found that I can not access my aol mail in versamail if I have more than 9 or more unopened mailed

You may want to try an experiment

Get your unopened mail down to about 5 thru your pc, and then try to retrieve your mail via treo...

It drove me crazy for a while

The workaround is when you have too many unopened mail items, is to go into wap.aol.com via Blazer, get the mail quantity down, then you can use your versamail

Hope it helps