1.    #1  
    I was able to load ACT! for Palm on my Treo 650 and it works fine but it's causing my 650 to do a soft reboot after each Hot Synch.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Here's the error message I get when I do #*377: (Cingular)

"A crash occurred on 6/8/05 at 4:20 pm while running "ACT!":

DataMgr.c, Line:5626, Record is busy when it shouldn't

I've hot synched many times since 6/8/05 but that's still the message I'm getting.
    Do I understand you correctly?

You are able to load the Act for Palm OS application onto the 650, then do a synch and you can see all your Act conacts (full version on laptop) on your Treo 650?

Can you call contacts from within Act for Palm?

Can you email contacts from within Act for Palm?

I am sooooo psyched if this works.

- ATG
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Grimaldi

You are able to load the Act for Palm OS application onto the 650, then do a synch and you can see all your Act conacts (full version on laptop) on your Treo 650?

- ATG
    Yes. I have ACT on my PC and loaded ACT for Palm on my 650. It works, all contacts are present but it's causing some problem when I hot synch. The hot synch works but I then have to reboot my Treo and that causes me to lose all my phone settings.
    Try running dbscan it has fixed a few issues I had related to contacts and calendar appointments related to Agendus. It is freeware would not hurt.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/dbscan.shtml
    I was told by Act! that Act will release shortly a fix for Act! for Palm but it will only work with Act! 2005. They have no plans to to anything for Act! 6 users.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Grimaldi

- ATG
    No, I cannot call or e-mail contacts from Act on Treo but it's still amazingly useful to have my entire Act database on it.
    After reading a bunch of the forums here, I tried ACT for Palm on my new 650. As previous posts suggested, the Green phone button was taken over by AFP. But what I couldn't live without was the contact dialing. If I look up a client's phone number, I need to have it dial on the fly.

Decided to go with the ACT link 2.0 route instead. It appears to be much more stable on the 650 than AFP.

I will miss the terrific system of ACT for Palm on my 600.
    I just bought a Treo 650. I use ACT 6. I have ACT for Palm and ACT Link 2.0. I can sync to the 650 without a problem, and open ACT! through "main." But, I cannot figure out how to dial out of ACT. Is correct that ACT for Palm OS version 1.0.1.229 CANNOT dial in Treo 650?
    SC-

I'm not sure of my EXACT version on Act for Palm ... but no, you cannot dial from AFP on a 650. I moved on back in June and have learned to live with ACTLink. It gets the job done, is stable and syncronizes well.

Best of luck
    ACT has been contacting users to beta test the next version of Act for Palm. I think they said that the testing will start in Nov., and last for about a month. I would think it would take a little time to fix the bugs, but we should have the next version soon.
    Any updates on what is happening with ACT for Palm. I just picked up a TReo 650 and we use Act here at work.

If not what is the best solution to use at the monent.

Thanks,
    Webside
    Just received newest mailing from Sage Software, they now have Act for Palm OS 2006. It only works with Act 2006. Will wait for the bugs to be worked out.
    Yup, I got the same email. Would include a link, but it's too long and includes my ID.
    I wouldn't upgrade to 2006 for this feature alone, unless you are dying to have ACT! on your Treo. ACT! Version 6 is still the most stable, Version 7 and Version 2006 are iffy at best.