Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I resetted my treo, then installed the 1.12. However after i reset the treo it keeps on updating the 1.12 over and over. its been updating for like the 10th time by now. Should i just unplug it and cancel it? I'm not sure how to reinstall this thing lol
    Issue has been covered in a couple of the other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjun
    I resetted my treo, then installed the 1.12. However after i reset the treo it keeps on updating the 1.12 over and over. its been updating for like the 10th time by now. Should i just unplug it and cancel it? I'm not sure how to reinstall this thing lol
    The answer to your issue can be found in the install instructions that came with the patch. Here is what Palm says:

"14. Important: You must do these steps, or the updater will be re-installed on your device every time you perform a HotSync operation:
    On your Mac, locate your Backup folder, which is inside your user folder.
    Delete the following 35 files from your Backup folder:"
    AAAChecker.PRC
    AAAChecker_deDE.PRC
    AAAChecker_enUS.PRC
    AAAChecker_esES.PRC
    AAAChecker_frFR.PRC
    AAAChecker_itIT.PRC
    CDMAFirmwareUpdater.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer_deDE.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer_enUS.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer_esES.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer_frFR.PRC
    DeviceCustomizer_itIT.PRC
    PrlFile.PDB
    RomUpdater.PRC
    Treo650-htc-tpl_zip.PDB
    Treo650-htc-tpl_zip_md5.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-cvt1.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-cvt1_md5.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-cvt2.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-cvt2_md5.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-dvt.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-dvt_md5.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-evt.PDB
    Treo650-ipl-evt_md5.PDB
    Treo650-palmos-tpl_zip.PDB
    Treo650-palmos-tpl_zip_md5.PDB
    Treo650-palmos_zip_a.PDB
    Treo650-palmos_zip_b.PDB
    Treo650-palmos_zip_c.PDB
    Treo650-palmos_zip_d.PDB
    Treo650-palmos_zip_md5.PDB
    Treo650-spl.PDB
    Treo650-spl_md5.PDB
    Treo_650_Release.PDB
    that's not what he is talking about I don't think. a number of people myself included could not install the update in the first place. it looked ok but then at some point in the 'restoring files' routine, will reset and start all over. just keeps going on over and over with the update never 'taking.' I searched the threads and found a solution.
    Mine did the same thing. I lost the ESN and had to get it replaced. I followed the directions exactly.

Would a hard reset prior to the update using a temporary username solve this?

I would do a complete back-up prior to running the update obviously, but will there be an issue when I restore due to the updated ROM?

TIA
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    for some reason it eventually worked. it probably reinstalled the rom about 20 times. I just let the thing go on and on, after i got back from dinner it had finally stopped