1.    #1  
    I purchased my Treo 650 about a month ago, and have had similar experiences to what others have posted - generally love my Treo, hate Versamail, and have periodic mystery resets.

I got a Treo headset a couple of weeks ago, and had been using it without problems (ok, the usual problems with limited range, intermittent crackling, and problems with people hearing me!)...until I upgraded my software to the new update. Now I can't even get my headset to be recognized by my Treo.

Anyone else have this issue after updating? Anyone have a resolution?

Thanks!

Chuck
    find and dust off your HEADSET manual. You must initiate the pairing from the headset to re-pair it to the treo.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    some people should not even own treos is what I say. "so I have this car & how does it work?"
  4.    #4  
    Contrary to what you ASSUMED, there was no dust on the manual - I followed the HEADSET manual instructions explicity in trying to re-pair the headset with my Treo, multiple times. The Treo wouldn't recognize the device It was listed as a "trusted device", but could not pair up. So I deleted it to see if that was interfering for some reason. No luck.
    On the apps page press the menu button, select delete and then delete the two bluetooth files and try pairing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeiers
    Contrary to what you ASSUMED, there was no dust on the manual - I followed the HEADSET manual instructions explicity in trying to re-pair the headset with my Treo, multiple times. The Treo wouldn't recognize the device It was listed as a "trusted device", but could not pair up. So I deleted it to see if that was interfering for some reason. No luck.
    You're not alone Chuck. There are a lot of people having this same problem after the update and re-pairing or deleting it hasnt helped. There are several different threads at the moment regarding this. Hope you find an answer, or your headset starts working again....or whichever comes first.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    find and dust off your HEADSET manual. You must initiate the pairing from the headset to re-pair it to the treo.
    IIRC, the hbh-662 manual says to follow the phone's instructions for pairing
  8.    #8  
    Success!

After some trial and error, I did the following:

1. I deleted all profiles/trusted devices from the Treo
    2. Performed a HotSynch to ensure that I had backups
    3. Did a soft reset of the treo
    4. Then stepped through the normal pairing process

...and I am now happily using my Treo headset!

Hope this helps some of you.

Chuck