1.    #1  
    I have a cingular branded treo 650. I recently had the phone unlocked by cingular. Now I want to update and i dont want to wait for cingular to release the update so here is my question:

If I update to 1.23 and then to the 1.28 unlocked update, will my phone still be unlocked? Or do i need to have the cingular firmware for the phone to recognize that it was unlocked with its unlock code? I would rather wait for the official cingular update then get the new unlocked update and have my phone be locked to cingular again.
  2.    #3  
    Is that a yes or a no?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=87669

He's trying to tell you to search the previous threads before asking a question that's already been adressed several times.

I have an unlocked Cingular 650 - upgrading to 1.23 then 1.28 did not cause my phone to become locked again; it stayed unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=87669

He's trying to tell you to search the previous threads before asking a question that's already been adressed several times.

I have an unlocked Cingular 650 - upgrading to 1.23 then 1.28 did not cause my phone to become locked again; it stayed unlocked.
    Eaxctly.

The answer is yes and has been posted about a thousand times including in that thread. Simply reading through it would provide you with your answer.
  5.    #6  
    thanks but a yes or no would have been easier to type than searching for then copying and pasting a link
    True, but it wouldn't have made the point, and chances are good that there would have been followup questions which were also already addressed in the existing thread(s). Posting a link to the existing discussion helped avoid unnecessary duplication.

Did you actually follow the link beore asking "Is that a yes or a no?"?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro