1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed any performance differences since applying the 1.13 GSM software update?

Apart from the (marginally) increased call volume I've noticed differences in the performance of some applications running on my 650:
    1) TCPMP runs slower. Before I could play a particular movie clip no problems at 22 fps with no stuttering. Now the same clip runs at 18 fps (75% of the speed) and stutters. Now I have to overclock using PXA Clocker to be able to play the same clip smoothly.
    2) AvantGo runs much faster. Before it used to take a couple of seconds to move from page to page. Now it takes a fraction of a second.
    I have not noticed much of a difference at all. I will have to load up a movie on TCPMP to see how it works.

I was running fairly stable at 1.23 so not much of a difference.

Sort of OT, what are the consequences of running PXA Clocker? Is it like an overclocker for a video card where it might increase the voltage to the CPU causing it to run a bit hotter?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Sort of OT, what are the consequences of running PXA Clocker? Is it like an overclocker for a video card where it might increase the voltage to the CPU causing it to run a bit hotter?
    My 100th post - only 999,900 more posts before I catch up with ChickDance!

I believe that is correct - it ups the clock speed of the ARM processor so it will consume more battery power, but I have not noticed any temperature change. You can set it selectively so that it only runs at the faster speed when running certain apps (e.g. TCPMP).

You may have to experiment with the max "sys" setting which allows you to run without the Treo crashing. For my treo the level is Sys=143 which translates to a clock speed of 429MHz which is a respectible boost over the default 312MHz.