1.    #1  
    I'm playing with them both. InstantText has a somewhat-nice user interface, but the available glossaries only have specialized vocabularies - no general glossary for high-frequency English words. TextPlus doesn't even come with glossaries, but it was easy to find a public high-frequency-English glossary for it.

Any relevant experiences out there? - either with these or other Treo 650 word completion tools.

noborg
    I used TextPlus extensively during the demo period. I found it worked as advertised. The one thing I did find is it felt faster to write with TextPlus because I could select words or phrases for completion. I did wonder about using word completion as I thought about the time necessary to navigate to the word/phrase and select it. Finally I wrote several medium length paragraphs (about the size of this response) both using TextPlus and just typing (having KeyCaps installed). I was consistently quicker without using text completion.
    You can certainly add words to TextPlus with no problem. I have it but as mentioned once you get used to the keyboard it's just as fast/faster than trying to find the word and select it from the list. I'm sure it was great with graffiti but with a keyboard it's of limited use.
    Quickwrite is another good text entry app fyi:

http://www.mobi-systems.com/product-...c619467e080d3c

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions