1.    #1  
    I've tried completely deleting DA and then re-installing, but everytime I try to run it, my Treo reboots. Has anyone else had this problem?????? Any ideas how to fix it?????

This is the one program I seriously rely on!!!
    Get the latest version. 3.11 I believe.

This has been discussed several times in the past few days. Had you attempted a search, you would have found this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=da#post713525

I found it after looking for less than 2 minutes.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  3.    #3  
    That is the version I installed. That thread is the reason I knew to try the complete uninstall/reinstall. Still no success....
    Are you using a custom ROM or something? What action causes the reset? (Opening, performing a search, etc....) I'm using DA w/ no issues. Tell me what steps you take and I'll try to duplicate to see if mine crashes.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    DA 3.10 is working fine on my upgrade GSM phone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #6  
    I'm using the official Sprint ROM ver 1.12. I completely uninstall by deleting DA.prc and the two data files. I then send the DA.prc file to the palm install manager. I synch to install. After the synch is complete, I go to my Zlauncher screen and simply tap the DA icon. This is where I get the reset. The program won't even load for me....
  7.    #7  
    I just tried to launch DA in the default Palm launcher by exiting Zlauncher. Same problem....Reset as soon as I tap the icon...
    Works perfectly on mine. I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall or anything like that. It just automatically hotsynced over after the update and still had the search results from my last search prior to the ROM update.
  9.    #9  
    Does anyone know what may be causing this??? This is driving me nuts!

I get a MemoryMgr.c,Line:3752, NULL handle error when I check what caused the reset. I even tried coping DA to my card and running it from there, but that didn't help any!!!
    I am using straight Sprint 1.12 with DA 3.11 (moved to card via LauncherX. No problems. I did do a clean install after the rom though and installed every app again as I kept getting into reboot loop booting up phone after resinstalling backup.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    From the DA home page (if you upgraded to 3.10 w/o deleting the older version first):

VERY IMPORTANT - MUST READ FOR VERSION 3.10!

It WILL be necessary to completely delete any old version (with the App Launcher!) of DA before loading version 3.10! A crash WILL most likely result if you don't! See the da_readme.txt file for details on how you may be able to save Frequently Used Strings file.
  12.    #12  
    I was already successfully running 3.11 before the ROM update, so the previous version is not causing my problems.
    Despite what you feel you've done, you've not quite followed the directions. It does not say to delete DA.PRC and 2 data files. It says to delete the app completely by using the default launcher's delete function. This is the ONLY way to completely get rid of all traces, including the saved preferences, which are what always appear to be corrupted by one of these firmware upgrades. Why it just happens with a few apps (DA included) I don't know. Perhaps it's because I use multiple prefs records and something is causing the extras to get mangled. Who knows, but what I DO know is that the best way to resolve most DA issues like this is to do the delete and re-install per the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by ReLLiK
    I'm using the official Sprint ROM ver 1.12. I completely uninstall by deleting DA.prc and the two data files. I then send the DA.prc file to the palm install manager. I synch to install. After the synch is complete, I go to my Zlauncher screen and simply tap the DA icon. This is where I get the reset. The program won't even load for me....
    Last edited by rlwhitt; 06/21/2005 at 03:39 PM.