1.    #1  
    NEWS RELEASE June 20, 2005
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Seidio High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 600
    If you are an audio enthusiast, you will love this new high end retractable 2 in 1 headset from Seidio! It is a blend of high quality stereo headphone and a hands free headset.

The retractable feature eliminates the cord from being tangled up. The improved sound quality enables the headset to handle the heavy bass and wider range. When using this High End 2 in 1 retractable Earbud Headset, you will look sleek, professional, and organized.

The Seidio High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 600 provides you the following special features:

Excellent Sound Quality: The improved sound quality can handle heavy bass and wider range.

2 in 1 Functions: Has the capability of Stereo headphone and mobile phone headset.

Retractable Cable: Simple pull on the end and the cable retracts neatly and quickly back into the housing.

One Touch Button: Allows user to answer and hang up a phone call

In-line Volume Control: You can adjust the MP3 music volume or adjust the phone volume at any time.

Switch is Available on the control console to allow you to easily select either “hands-free mode” or “MP3 mode”

Two clips available:
    o Clip on back of console
    o In-line rotating shirt clip

Light weight, comfortable in –the-ear design for discrete listening.

For more information about this product, please visit:
    https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...2SOVTR600%2DSL

For more information on Seidio’s PalmOne Treo 600 accessories, please visit: https://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=252

Email: marketing@seidio.com
    Company website: www.seidio.com

Seidio is a leading manufacturer of accessory products for PDAs, digital music players and Smartphones and focuses its development activities on innovative products to enhance the use of devices. As a global player, Seidio operates in Europe, Asia and North America.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/21/2005 at 04:49 PM.
    I hope you guys built a more solid product this time, as opposed to the original (low-end?) headset. I just threw away the over-the-ear I've had for almost a year, which I used for less than a month. But I'm holding out for now.

The concept is GREAT -- 2-in-1, retractable, compact and light. And the sound quality is passable for a casual listener like me. But the build is so flimsy it's a shame. First of all, the jack was super-sensitive from day one. Any move (including turning in the socket) is very likely to result in loud static/noise. Then adjusting the volume dial always caused noise. After a month or so, the earbuds became sensitive to motion, too.

I ended up having to sit agonizingly still to listen.

And the other caller always complained about not being able to hear or low volume unless I hold the mic to my mouth.

Why didn't I return it? I first got the back-ear and didn''t like it so I exchanged for the over-the-ear. The process was hassle-free from Seidio, for sure, but it's still hassle nevertheless. I'd been so busy I just put up with it for as long as I cared to and then just abandoned it.

I'll have to wait some brave souls to try the new "high-end" one first.
    I never had problems with the Seidio headsets. My only complaint was the rumors (based on info from Seidio?) last fall stating that the headsets would not be compatible with the 650.
    Come on, Seidioseidio, nothing to say? I was hoping you'd say something like "we've recognized the issues and made dramatic improvement..."

And some embarrassing little details such as the logo stick keeps falling off? You guys have great design and concept, but really need to jack up your QA.

Also, I strongly suggest you get rid of the volume control. It adds to the weight/bulk and is one more place to break down. The volume control on Treo is convenient enough. And every 0.1 gram saved in something hanging by a plug in your ear is a nontrivial improvement.
    Last edited by continuum; 06/27/2005 at 02:49 AM.
    I second that. I would have bought this high end headset right away if not for my doubts about the quality of the parts they didn't change (and yes I'm speaking from my own experiences with their normal retractable 2 in 1 headset).
    I got my 2in1 High End this past weekend and it was defective - there was an obvious short in the left earbud. I'm dealing with the RMA department now. I'll keep you posted when and how they address this issue.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pope
    I got my 2in1 High End this past weekend and it was defective - there was an obvious short in the left earbud. I'm dealing with the RMA department now. I'll keep you posted when and how they address this issue.
    Hi,

Sorry for the problem, what is your order # ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Just thought I should update that Mr. Chang above at Seidio advises that a new one is going out today. They're not bothering to have me return the pair I got.
    Last edited by The Pope; 07/12/2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    Received my replacement set of high end 2/1 headphones from Seidio and they work fine (I note that they appear to have been better packaged and are a different shape/color (black v. gray) than my first set which clearly had problems. They also came with foam covers which weren't included with my first set.).

I'm no audiophile, but these should work for me for both playing music and taking calls. I tested the call function and was able to hear the other person through both headphones. Now let's see how long they last.

[copy of posting from another thread]
    What does this mean?

• Switch is Available on the control console to allow you to easily select either “hands-free mode” or “MP3 mode”

What does the button do when you're in "MP3 mode"?
    What does this mean?

• Switch is Available on the control console to allow you to easily select either “hands-free mode” or “MP3 mode”

good quesiton. Their phrasing is a little odd and seems to be referring to the button. There is a button on the "console" that when pushed while you're listening to music allows you to answer and hang up the phone - silencing the music - although it doesn't bring it back when you hang up. If there is a "switch", I can't find it. The button doesn't appear to do anything else while you're in "MP3 mode". I've been using pTunes (in case that matters). I'm interested if anyone else has been able to get more functionality out of it - it would be great if it would jump to the next track.

By the way, the "console" isn't as large as it appears in the picture and so poses no real weight issue. There is a bic-pen-like clip on the back of it which allows you to slip on to a shirt pocket or something similar. (there is also another scissor clip on the cord).
    Glad I reread this thread before ordering it. I then noticed it was for the 600 not the 650.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Glad I reread this thread before ordering it. I then noticed it was for the 600 not the 650.
    It is available for Treo 600 as well as Treo 650.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshaven
    What does this mean?

Only Treo 600 2 in1 headset has the switch. Treo 650 2 in 1 does not have the switch (it does not need the switch)

Seidio
    Treo 650 2 in 1 does not have the switch (it does not need the switch)
    My apologies, I was confused too. I have the 650. (is the 600 still in circulation? )