1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Hot sync works great with my phone but I want to just transfer normal mp3 files over to it, I can't do this with PalmDesktop I don't think?
    I tried using Palm FileManager and it does not detect my USB device neither does MS Active Sync.

Any help? I guess I'm asking if there is something I can add-on to PalmDesktop which will allow for just file transfer back and forth rather than software installs....OR any ideas why my Treo is not being detected?

In windows under My Computer it knows there is a mobile device, I just can't browse it.

Thanks in advance!
    umm... are you trying to put MP3's on the Phone's memory or onto a SD memory card?

If you are just trying to put it on the SD card I would buy a card reader or get a program called Card Export II.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Try Pilot Install (http://pinstall.envicon.com/) it can transfer files directly to your Treo without a full hotsync.
  4.    #4  
    No...I don't even have an SD card, i thought this thing wa 64mb??
    ummm... no. The Treo 650 and 600 both have 32mb of ram... If you want to listen to mp3s you def need a sd card to make it worth while.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by T00NIE
    ummm... no. The Treo 650 and 600 both have 32mb of ram... If you want to listen to mp3s you def need a sd card to make it worth while.
    More than just making it worth your while, the Treo can't/won't store mp3s in the phone's memory. You have to have a SD card to listen to music.
    From the Palm website:

Take and play your favorite tunes by transferring MP3s from your desktop.2
    2Requires an expansion card, sold separately.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone