1.    #1  
    OK, I've checked back a few pages and nothing on them relating to the problem that I seem to have.

I have set up Versamail to send and receive e-mail from my Yahoo account and also from our corporate POP3 server. Retrieving e-mail is easy and works fine. I have a problem sending it. I get an error message from Versamail that says

"535 authorisation failed (#5.7.0)"

Anyone got any ideas? Both accounts have been set up with the same settings as on OE6.
    How about some more information, like Carrier, SMTP server you are using, username/password you are using with that SMTP server, etc.

Not the specifics on the password, but things like "My vision password" etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinC
    OK, I've checked back a few pages and nothing on them relating to the problem that I seem to have.

I have set up Versamail to send and receive e-mail from my Yahoo account and also from our corporate POP3 server. Retrieving e-mail is easy and works fine. I have a problem sending it. I get an error message from Versamail that says

Anyone got any ideas? Both accounts have been set up with the same settings as on OE6.
    Got Sprint? I do.
    Sending, using your email provider's smtp outgoing server has been a problem within VersaMail and Sprint (not sure about other carriers), and discussion on such has been "buried" in threads of different names.

For each VersaMail account -- change your outgoing smtp server to the Sprint smtp server and under advance (under outgoing server settings) check use authentication (esmtp) and put in your Sprint username and password.

Outgoing mail will appear as if it comes form your regular e-mail account -- it will just go out via the Sprint server.

I have set up 3 different VersaMail accounts this way (different email providers) and outgoing now works fine on all three.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/20/2005 at 11:59 AM.
    try to use port 587 for SMTP?
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinC

The problem stems from setting up a relay through the Sprint smtp server. Here's an excellent step by step guide, probably similar to Perry Holden's advice:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62895
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  6.    #6  
    Hold my hands up.

Problem sorted. Reason. Incorrect entry of user account.

By the way, I have an unlocked 650.
    Just fyi for others out there, smtp.mac.com works fine for outgoing mail for those with a .mac account. My work account goes through smtp.sprintpcs.com, though.
    Calvin C, is your unlocked 650 on t-mobile? I have the same problem there.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I've started to fail sending out on .Mac now. Same error. Used to work - did Apple change to something new (new sasl?)