Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It really is sad that a program costing $30 cannot function properly...
    I have no problems with Ringo Pro 4.394 installed on my 650 (Cingular) loaded with the following apps (10Mb free space left):

Chatteremail
    SplashWallet
    Bejeweled 2
    DA
    Agendus Pro
    DateBk5
    Adobe Reader for PalmOS

For those experiencing crashes, do you have PTunes Deluxe installed?
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptodevice
    I have no problems with Ringo Pro 4.394 installed on my 650 (Cingular) loaded with the following apps (10Mb free space left):

Chatteremail
    SplashWallet
    Bejeweled 2
    DA
    Agendus Pro
    DateBk5
    Adobe Reader for PalmOS

For those experiencing crashes, do you have PTunes Deluxe installed?
    Yes I use PTunes Deluxe.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Yes i downloaded the version 4.393 and it was working for awhile till i get some minor problems then upgraded my Ringo Pro thru the Ringo Pro website to 4.394 and so far so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed Now when i checked my version on the Ringo Pro section its now saying 4.394 instead of 4.393.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Yes this is happening to me also. I do think it's a RINGO problem.. I did not have any problems prior to Ringo version 4.393/4.394 Did this issue get ressolved. Thanks.
    I received a note today from Electric Pocket suggesting I try re-downloading 4.394 because it's been updated a bit (for instance, the about says 4.394 instead of 4.393). I'll let you know if this helps.

Sandy
    Is anyone from Electric Pocket even paying attention here anymore? This is really annoying that it either causes a reset on hang up or on sms/text messages or plays additional sounds depending on the version.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    I received a note today from Electric Pocket suggesting I try re-downloading 4.394 because it's been updated a bit (for instance, the about says 4.394 instead of 4.393). I'll let you know if this helps.

Sandy
    Well, I downloaded the latest Ringo Pro as instructed by Electric Pocket and, yes, the about screen says it's version 4.394 now AND the reset problem when handing up using Blue Tooth devices seems to have been fixed.

Also, I leaned the answer to my question about Ringo Pro. . . you don't need to have Busker loaded on your system for the MP3 ringtones to work. Wish they had explained that better before I bought both.

Sandy
    Well, I downloaded the latest Ringo Pro as instructed by Electric Pocket and, yes, the about screen says it's version 4.394 now AND the reset problem when handing up using Blue Tooth devices seems to have been fixed.

Also, I leaned the answer to my question about Ringo Pro. . . you don't need to have Busker loaded on your system for the MP3 ringtones to work. Wish they had explained that better before I bought both.

Sandy
    But..again...did you have the problems before you used 4.394 (i.e., reset on hang up from bluetooth, text message freezes, extra replay of the MP3 at end of call)?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    But..again...did you have the problems before you used 4.394 (i.e., reset on hang up from bluetooth, text message freezes, extra replay of the MP3 at end of call)?
    Yes! See my note #14 in this thread.

Sandy
    Yes! See my note #14 in this thread.

Sandy
    Well, I thought I'd give it yet another try. I uninstalled Ringo (I think) using Uninstall and totally did a new reinstall of the newest version from the site, but just now I got a call from an unknown number, which I have set for an MP3 to play (for unknown numbers yes), and when the person hung up I got a soft reset. The ##377 said it was "Phone" that caused it but we all know it was RingoPro that took over the phone controls.
    I'm going back to 4.37 for now to see if that fixes things. By the way, do you all have this zz entry in your contacts that Ringo put there? Is that new? I don't remember ever seeing it before this newest version.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I saw some strange behavior in 4.393. When i added a Friend and selected them with the lookup feature and they had more than one number to choose from, after choosing a number and then choosing the "Match all numbers" feature all the contact number types would change to W (Work).

So far in 4.394 I have not had this happen but I will give it time to see what goes on. Oh and I am using the built in contacts as well.

The other issue i have seen with both 4.393 and 4.394 is that if the contact has an "&" in one of the name fields (the firstname in my case) it will not be displayed when selecting the lookup feature when adding an individual ringtone.

I have sent an email to Electric Pocket so we will see what developes.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    My issue has been for the last two updated versions that if I use Ringo and then put the phone on silent, after I turn the sound back on, the mp3's don't play it playes the default ringers until I go into Ringo and play a bit of my ringtone, then its fine again till I turn off silent, anyone else see anything like this.
    It sounds like Ringo still has multiple problems.

One unrelated question, can you change the size that the caller ID photos pop up when receiving a call with ringo?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I got an email from the Electric Pocket Support folks.

They confirmed that version 4.394 had fixed the issue with adding an individual ringer and selected "Match all numbers". Before it would change all the contacts numbers to be the same type. I.e. it would change the email, work and mobile numbers to the "Work" selection in your contact profile. Now they don't get changed. This was an issue with the default Contact application. I am not sure if any other apps were effected.

They also noted that they would check into the problem with trying to add the number and name field for an individual ringer while using the "look-up" feature. They stated that they are having some issues with special characters.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    I have had different issues with Ringo 4.934....

I was using for a LONG time an old version with no probkems, but this with the EPSpeak (which is something I have been WAITING for) looked perfect.

However, now randomly, Ringo will change all ny default phone preferences to something else... changes all the ringers to the 1st file in my ringer list, resets the ringer vcolume from 7 to 3 and turns on the service tone.

I tried reinstalling and thought was fixed but it happened again.. I dont know what causes this, but think it has to do with Syncing.

Also had this OTHER problem where if I SORTED friends, it would bug out and make one of my contacts the DEFAULT, and their seemed like no way to fix this. The picture and everything. it would also add the listing defaultfriend to my friends list with phone number 1212121.

Even if I deleted the friend and out it back from the delete ditems in outlook it would reassociate it and make it the default.

Plus I did have random resets and EPSpeak would stop working sometimes

This progrm with EPSPeak would be perfect.. but this is annoying and not acceptable.

Anyone else have these issues by chance?

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I have had different issues with Ringo 4.934....

I was using for a LONG time an old version with no probkems, but this with the EPSpeak (which is something I have been WAITING for) looked perfect.

However, now randomly, Ringo will change all ny default phone preferences to something else... changes all the ringers to the 1st file in my ringer list, resets the ringer vcolume from 7 to 3 and turns on the service tone.

I tried reinstalling and thought was fixed but it happened again.. I dont know what causes this, but think it has to do with Syncing.

Also had this OTHER problem where if I SORTED friends, it would bug out and make one of my contacts the DEFAULT, and their seemed like no way to fix this. The picture and everything. it would also add the listing defaultfriend to my friends list with phone number 1212121.

Even if I deleted the friend and out it back from the delete ditems in outlook it would reassociate it and make it the default.

Plus I did have random resets and EPSpeak would stop working sometimes

This progrm with EPSPeak would be perfect.. but this is annoying and not acceptable.

Anyone else have these issues by chance?

Mike
    Had the same exact issues with 4.393/4 randomly changing the phone tones/volume and turning on the service tone. I uninstalled ringo to no avail. The corruption would not go away. I ended up doing a hard reset and reinstalling everything from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Had the same exact issues with 4.393/4 randomly changing the phone tones/volume and turning on the service tone. I uninstalled ringo to no avail. The corruption would not go away. I ended up doing a hard reset and reinstalling everything from scratch.
    Wow....

It hasn't happened to me lately. Do you have SPRINT? Do you use EPSpeak with Ringo also?

I let the people from Electricpocket know about this problem.

Also, EPSpeak sometimes does NOT announce for no good reason!

Mike
    Nope not using Sprint. Unlocked GSM on T-Mobile. Only tried EPSpeak with it for a day but did not like it so I quickly removed it. Perhaps EPSpeak is what ultimately started the issue.
    Well, I gave up with the problems and am back to 4.37 which still plays part of the MP3 upon hanging up. What a pain!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hey Ringo guys/gals...any fix yet? I especially hate that the MP3 plays on and on at the end of a call while the phone asks if I want to add the number to my contacts list!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast