Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm having my 3100 installed tomorrow, just wondering if there is anything in particular I need to know, or to tell my installers??
    I know a few of you have been through this and your input is appreciated.

The only question I could think of is...
    Should this thing run through the factory radio amp or bypass the amp? Is it loud enough without the amp? Does the amp create engine noise or any other probelms?

Thanks again
    `
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    you should NOT run the parrot through your factory (or aftermarket) amplifier. The parrot is already loud and running it through another amp will only make it louder.

here are two possible choices for you. The best choice would be for the installer to tap into the wiring after your factory amp. thart would mean he would have to run eight sets of speaker jumper wires from the parrot to that location. That is the way I would do it.
    The other option would be to run it through the amp but solder resistors or add a line level converter to the outputs of the parrot so you can turn down the volume to a more comfortable level.

I have a standard "non external amped" radio in my F-150 and I have never had the parrot over the 30 percent volume level. YMMV

hope this helps
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I second what car_designer said about wiring directly to the speakers. No extra amplification is needed.

My only other advice is, once it's installed make sure that you don't have any favorites with pauses (commas) in them. They will cause the Treo to reset when it tries to sync with the ck3100.

It's really a great device. Enjoy it!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thank you both.
    My local stereo shop is installing it tomorrow morning and I will let them know to bypass the factory bose amp and go directly to the speakers (front only I guess?).
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    The wiring goes from the ck3100 goes to each speaker, but only the fronts are used. They should just follow the installation instructions and everything should be fine.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    It's installed and working great. My contacts were automatically transferred to the parrot, although I think it is missing some of them for some reason.. Works great though.
    Thanks.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    The ck3100 only syncs that contacts that you have defined as favorties in the phone app, not the entire contact list. That's proabably why only some are there.
  9. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    I'm having my 3100 installed tomorrow, just wondering if there is anything in particular I need to know, or to tell my installers??
    I know a few of you have been through this and your input is appreciated.

The only question I could think of is...
    Should this thing run through the factory radio amp or bypass the amp? Is it loud enough without the amp? Does the amp create engine noise or any other probelms?

Thanks again
    `
    Can I ask a dumb question?
    How did you go about setting this up? I mean, did you buy the Parrot 310 online and then find someone to install it for you, or did you buy it from the same place that is doing the installation?

I am thinking about getting a 3100 but I am not confident in my ability to install it. What kind of places install them? Best Buy, a Mom and Pop shop, etc? Any ideas would be appreciated.

The install issue is the only one preventing me from getting one of these bad boys, and Parrot's website does not list dealers or installers.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    he ck3100 only syncs that contacts that you have defined as favorties in the phone app, not the entire contact list. That's proabably why only some are there.
    You can send your entire contact list from the treo to the parrot (not just "favorites") by doing this.

1) on the parrot go to menu--->paired devices--->your treo device and "disconnect" your treo. The parrot screen should say disconnected like the attached picture

2) go to your treo contact list. Push your Menu button. One option is to send a category. pick it.

3) follow the prompts to send your "all" category to bluetooth. you will see the parrot ck3100 as an option.

After a minute or so you will now have access to your entire treo contact list in the parrot. Multiple numbers for a single contact will also be correctly iddentified as work/home/cellular/other just like how you have them in your treo/synched outlook/palm desktop.

When you are done you can go to the parrot menus and reconnect your treo to the carkit, or the next time you use your car and turn the ignition back on and it will connect like normal.

Enjoy your ck3100, I love mine!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    JJL,
    I bought it online for 199. Had it installed at local radio shop for 75.
    Best investment ever, ever, ever,
    Works unbelievably great !! Had it connected just to the front center speaker. It is very loud. Make sure they don't run it through the amp, could be a problem then. Especially if it is bose or jbl. they use strange signals and it could fry something. Very low ohm speakers also the problem. They did not hook it up to disconnect the radio because it really doesn't matter, I just turn it down myself.

Car designer,
    I tried to send all contacts and I got error. After I disconnected the parrot.
    Any ideas why or what I did wrong?
    I'll try again tonight.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    What car did you install it in.. I was thinking when I read this thread earlier that I would just set it up for my center channel speaker.. But I have bose which has the amps right at the speakers.. need to look and see if I can still splice into a wire between the speaker and amp.

I've got an Audi A3 and will be picking this up soon.

I'm actually hoping to get the one with the nav and hook it up to the built in nav antenna not being used sice I didn't get factory nav.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I hooked it up in an 05 Nissan Armada.
    That's exactly what I did, right to the center channel speaker. The Parrot does not need to run through the factory amp and especially if it's bose, it will cause a problem.
    Spen the $75 and have a local shop save you the headache. Just make sure they understand to run it directly to the center channel speaker, not through the amp.
    They did hook it up so when the phone rings if the radio is on, it shuts of the radio to that speaker and the parrot is plenty, plenty loud on its on.

good luck, you will be happy with this device.

BTW, I did get it to sync this morning with all of my contacts , about 400 of them. Now I don't have to touch the phone at all !!! Nice.

And the voice recog. works wonderfully. Without even pressing a button on the parrot, All I have to do is say "phone" and it ask for the voice I want to dial. Works almost every time without even hitting a button. Wonderfull device.

Hope this helps ya.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Can you transfer a call from the car speaker to your bt headset? That's something I've been looking to find out.
    Can you transfer a call from the car speaker to your bt headset? That's something I've been looking to find out.
    I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it could handle a "hand-off" to another BT device directly without losing the call because of the "only one BT connection at a time" problem.

but.......

You can seamlessly transfer the call back and forth between the parrot kit and your phone by pressing the green (send/ok/call) button on the parrot. When I get to my destination, I hold the phone to my ear and hit the button and the other party does not even realized that i've transferred them to the phone. It is really that seamless, no clicks/pops/static.

from there I dont see any reason why you couldn't probably turn on yout BT headset and the headset would probably take over the call from that point...
    car_designer
    What car did you install it in.. I was thinking when I read this thread earlier that I would just set it up for my center channel speaker.. But I have bose which has the amps right at the speakers.. need to look and see if I can still splice into a wire between the speaker and amp.
    There is nothing wrong with iinterfacing the parrot before the amp, except that you will amost always need a line/speaker level converter or your installer will have to solder in some resistors to reduce the volume/signal that the parrot provides before it goes into the amp and get amplified way too much (loudness/distortion).

I worked my way through design school as a car stereo/mobile electronics installer at Best Buy. I remember older Cadilliacs had bose "amp on speaker" factory Bose stereos. If I had to install a parrot in one of those systems, I would probably chose to use a line level converter/resistors at the radio/before the amps, because it would have been so much work to run all those speaker wires into each door, and then cut and splice into all the amps. Not all systems are that complicated though.

There is a MUTE wire on the parrot, that will mute your factory stereo, if it is hooked up properly and your stereo has a cellular mute function (most do)
    I would definately reccommend that your installer uses it so you will not have to turn down your stereo, if all the speakers are not hooked up to the parrot.

I'm actually hoping to get the one with the nav and hook it up to the built in nav antenna not being used sice I didn't get factory nav.
    Usualy the factory nav units use proprietary connectors and data. It is usually too much work/time/energy to connect to it. If you get the ck-3300, it has the bluetooth GPS built in and it comes with a GPS antenna that you need to have a clear line of sight to the sky. I put mine on the roof, but you could probably mount it on the windshield/windscreen or on the IP/dash.
    Unfortunately the ck-3300 gps does not work with tom tom navigator 2004, but I am patiently waiting to see if it will work with tom tom navigator 5. I have read that it works with mapopolis and laptop software.
    car_designer
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    car-designer,
    Please post if you get it working with Nav 5. That's exactly what I've been waiting on to make my purchase decision for the car kit.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have a CK3100, self installed in a Volvo V70 (very easy to do), and I have been playing with TT5. Unfortunately it seems it's one or the other - I can't connect the Treo to the BT GPS and the CK3100 at the same time.
    Im not a technie, i have read most of the posts here, called parrot, called Palm, called Lexus. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One place warns that if Lexus has optical wiring, it wont work.

Does anyone know for sure if I buy the Treo 650 whether i can set up a Hands Free system in my Lexus, preferably using the Bluetooth technology.

Where is the best place to have something like this installed.
    Lexus dealer says they dont do it.
    Im not a technie, i have read most of the posts here, called parrot, called Palm, called Lexus. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One place warns that if Lexus has optical wiring, it wont work.

Does anyone know for sure if I buy the Treo 650 whether i can set up a Hands Free system in my Lexus, preferably using the Bluetooth technology.

Where is the best place to have something like this installed.
    Lexus dealer says they dont do it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast