Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Virobono,
    Are you saying you can't link to the GPS in the parrot kit, or the TT GPS and the Parrot GPS at the same time.

I'm thinking of getting the Parrot with GPS installed in my car, but using the TT GPS combo when I'm in a rental car (which is all the time. . . )

I'm not worried about using the Parrot GPS and Parrot Handsfree at the same time, just wondering if the TT software on the treo will use the parrot's GPS feed via BT.

Hope that's not too confusing, it's been a long day

thanks!
    Does the parrot 3100 allow you to dial by number using voice commands? For example "Dial 1 8 0 0 5 5 5 1 2 1 2"

I use the treo contact list extensively, but I still have a good number of occasions when I use the dial pad. Unfortunately, the Parrot manuals do not state wether this is possilbe or not.

Thanks,

Bateekh
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    Virobono,
    Are you saying you can't link to the GPS in the parrot kit, or the TT GPS and the Parrot GPS at the same time.

I'm thinking of getting the Parrot with GPS installed in my car, but using the TT GPS combo when I'm in a rental car (which is all the time. . . )
    The Parrot 3100 has no built in GPS - I use a Fortuna BT GPS, and can't navigate and use hands-free at the same time. The Parrot 3300 has built-in GPS, but despite scouring the literature I have been unable to find out whether it will allow connection to GPS and hands-free simultaneously with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Thanks!

I suspect that version 5 of Tom Tom Navagator would allow you to use the GPS in the 3300 or connect to the HandsFree portion, but not both at the same time.
    I'd be very happy if it would simply interrupt the GPS connection when you needed to recieve or place a call, but who knows if it will actually happen.

I did get a chance to try out the 3300 at CES this year, but unfortunately the Tom Tom and Parrot booths were to far apart to try them both at the same time.
    Seidio 6250? What's that? Or did he mean the Seidio G2500?

Quote Originally Posted by looey

Bluetooth Car kit, Seido 6250 or Parrot 3100 with treo 650 in a Lexus 2002 ES330

Im not a technie, i have read most of the posts here, called parrot, called Palm, called Lexus. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One place warns that if Lexus has optical wiring, it wont work.

Does anyone know for sure if I buy the Treo 650 whether i can set up a Hands Free system in my Lexus, preferably using the Bluetooth technology.

Where is the best place to have something like this installed.
    Lexus dealer says they dont do it.
    does the 3100 works on 650 cingular without any hitch?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Hey Specimen,
    Nice to see you again
    BTW, I traded the FX for an Aramada... Kinda miss the ol FX though..

Regarding the 3100: I have had it installed for 3 weeks now and it works perfectly every single time. Connects right away and sound on both ends is awesome. I haven't even seen my TWH in 3 weeks lol.
    Really no need for it anymore...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Navigator 2004 works with CK3300 fine, it just does not support Treo 650. Navigator 5 supports Treo, but does not work with CK3300. Parrot promises a software update to take care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by looey
    Im not a technie, i have read most of the posts here, called parrot, called Palm, called Lexus. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One place warns that if Lexus has optical wiring, it wont work.

Does anyone know for sure if I buy the Treo 650 whether i can set up a Hands Free system in my Lexus, preferably using the Bluetooth technology.

Where is the best place to have something like this installed.
    Lexus dealer says they dont do it.
    I recently installed a CK3100 into an '05 Lexus GS330 with no problem. You can access one of the front door speaker wires at the kick panel and interface the Parrot harness there, atleast on this model. If your installer is not comfortable with this type of installation, you can use any handsfree or CB type external speaker and mount it in/under the dash out of view. This also works very well.
    quick thx to all posters. this really helped me figure out the car kit situation. i am goin to go for the CK3100.

by the way, i figured out what the 650 in the Treo 650 means.......the 6 hours and 50 mins it took me to get all the software and syncing to work when i first got the phone.

i was surprised by the nuances i came across. didn't expect to do a hardware reset within 30 mins of opening the box !

thx
    ps
    I am getting quoted $280 for installation of the CK3100 (I already have the CK3100 unit). Does this appear excessive given one of the other contributors got it installed for $75 ?

thx
    ps
    THat seems excessive to me, but I guess it depends on what type of vehicle you have and how much work they need to do to complete the install. for my f-150 it would be 2 hours at most of install time plus about $40 worth of parts (retail priced). Everything is standard (no amps, etc.)

I would call around to car stereo install shops and cell phone install shops.
    and get some other quotes.

Maybe Mscmobiletech can reccommend shops in your area.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    thx for help

i am installing in a Honda Accord which i thot was a fairly straight forward process.

ps
    I was reading through this thread, because I am going to install a 3100 on Cadillac CTS. I figured on splicing into the speaker wires after the amp, but this is the thing: How do you have it mute all 8 speakers? Doesn't the 3100 only have provisions for four speakers? My radio does not have a mute connection for cell phones, so I cannot use that. I can mute 6 of the 8 speakers (front door and tweeter speakers are on the same set of wires) But I would not be able to mute the center channel or subwoofer.
    Anyone know how to do this?

I also thought about splicing in before the amp, since it is only two audio lines, right and left, but I know this is low level audio. I thought about getting resistors or attenuators to lower the parrot's signal going into the amp, but wouldnt this also lower the signal from the radio passing through the parrot which is already low level?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    If they have it, try:

http://www.parrotkits.com/

Make it easy on yourself with a pre-made kit that will mute and drive it to all speakers. If they don't have one listed, try to email. Howard is the owner and very knowledgeable and responsive.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12