1.    #1  
    Okay, so I updated my Sprint 650 to the new firmware, and now the volume of the earpiece is not as loud as it was before. The speakerphone sounds fine, just the ear piece volume is real low.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix?
    try volumecare.. this might help you out..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    try volumecare.. this might help you out..

Geesh, I've noticed this too!!! Battery drain, lower volume... I have had people not be able to hear me since the update too!! I'm going to try to re run the updater first, but I got volumecare and it doesn't seem to change the volume at all....

Bek
  4.    #5  
    I just downloaded and install VolumeCare, and it didn't change a thing. Any other suggestions?
    no that's the only thing out there that i know of.. sorry it didn't work out for you but from what i read some people have had success with volumecare while others didn't notice a change..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    no that's the only thing out there that i know of.. sorry it didn't work out for you but from what i read some people have had success with volumecare while others didn't notice a change..
    I have made significant progress on VolumeCare's ability to increase the volume on the 650. The handset is MUCH louder now. Also the MIC volume in the 650 itself and in the wired headset is now adjustable. People on the other end of the 650 are reporting excellent sound quality from the 650 now. So good in fact, that people say I sound like I am on a land line.

Jeff
  7. amf
    Make sure that you download version 2.9 of VolumeCare. The volume increase is very, very noticeable. I have in fact made sure not to adjust the volumes all the way up (I adjusted it about 3-4 notches down from maximum) because it looks like it could break the speaker.
    Volumecare is well worth it. 2.9 works great for me.