1.    #1  
    I am going on a trip to mass from NJ this weekend for a wedding and also visit some of the GFs family.

I saw alot of people like the tom tom sotware but since the new release is almost out no one is selling the 04 version.

Mapopolis I see for the nav card is not listed for the 650. I really want to get something that works with GPS and is just not a mapping program.

I read somewhere what there was a patch or something to get the nav version to work on the 650 does anyone on here know of this or have any recommendations of GPS compatible software that works on the 650 that I'd be able to order today or tomorrow to get by Friday.

Thanks alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw
    I am going on a trip to mass from NJ this weekend for a wedding and also visit some of the GFs family.

I saw alot of people like the tom tom sotware but since the new release is almost out no one is selling the 04 version.

Mapopolis I see for the nav card is not listed for the 650. I really want to get something that works with GPS and is just not a mapping program.

I read somewhere what there was a patch or something to get the nav version to work on the 650 does anyone on here know of this or have any recommendations of GPS compatible software that works on the 650 that I'd be able to order today or tomorrow to get by Friday.

Thanks alot.
    Ask Mapopolis, they are very helfull and prompt.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    When the treo650 first came out the stock Mapopolis had some display issues. They had a test version that they'd send to you if you asked for it. It works great, I still have it on my Treo650. Presumably, by now, they have rolled those changes into the production version on their website.
  4.    #4  
    I read enough of people saying it worked so I just ordered it bundled with GlobalSat BT BT338 from semsons.. 252 second day shipped. I'll just pick up an sd car locally at costco to put it on since it would have cost more that way then if I ordered it already on a card from mapopolis and the receiver from another source when you factor in shipping.

I'll follow up on wednesday when I get it.
    Mapopopolis works great on the Treo once it locks into your GPS unit. I have the Globalsat over bluetooth, and it's NOW working great, although I had some issues early on the eventually forced me to do a hard reset. After that it was ok.
  6.    #6  
    One thing I read was that it drops the signal when a call comes in since it tries to find a bluetooth headset. Is this only if you have a bluetooth headset that you have used with the treo before? I don't own anything blue tooth yet I just liked the idea of not having wires running around so that if I did get a call I would not have to deal with them.
  7.    #7  
    Got a reply back from mapopolis with some info, I replied asking if they would mind or not if I posted it here.