1.    #1  
    I had this problem before the GSM upgrade and I thought it would fix. Recently, when I press the power button for the power to go off, it won't. I have to press it more than a few times before it does. It doesn't happen EVERY time I use it, but most times, and this started during the last week. I can't imagine what is causing this. Any one experiencing this weird phenomenon?
  2. tmt
    If signal strength is poor and the phone is searching, it ignores all input, including the power button. That's the only time I have seen this. However, it is possible for applications to steal this event and ignore it. If you've installed any background apps triggered by keys, you might try eliminating them one by one to see if any of them is the guilty party.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tips. Signal strength is excellent. I purposely don't use keys to bring up applications. I just checked in Treoguard and Butler to make sure. I'll keep doing the process of elimination.
  4.    #4  
    This is starting to get worse. There are times where I can't turn off my Treo for up to a min, or turn it on. Quite embarrassing when I'm trying to get info for someone and I can't turn my screen on.
    Is bluetooth turned on? I used to have this problem when bluetooth was enabled for an extended period. I turn it on unless I'm tethering or syncing now.
  6.    #6  
    I do have bluetooth on; I use a bluetooth headset, so disabling it isn't an option. This has only happened in this intensity recently. It was occuring before the ROM update, so I figured this update and a hard reset would correct this problem. That wasn't to be the case unfortunately...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I do have bluetooth on; I use a bluetooth headset, so disabling it isn't an option. This has only happened in this intensity recently. It was occuring before the ROM update, so I figured this update and a hard reset would correct this problem. That wasn't to be the case unfortunately...
    I just experienced the same problem for the first time (after the update). It's very weird because although I cannot turn the phone off, I can still do everything else smoothly on the device. It's not like the device is frozen (looking for a signal or whatever) because everything works besides the off button. Weird, very weird.
  8.    #8  
    Well at least I'm not crazy. In a weird way I'm glad someone else has the issue. Perhaps we can work on isolating the problem and coming up with a solution together.
    I would love to help but i cannot make the issue reoccur.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Sounds like maybe something is using up a bunch of the CPU cycles (some software you have processing in the back ground) which I have noticed can make the phone response very slow when turning on. Depends what the software is and what it's doing. Also possible that one of the software that runs in the background got corrupt which is making it use more cpu than it should?
  11. tmt
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    Sounds like maybe something is using up a bunch of the CPU cycles (some software you have processing in the back ground) which I have noticed can make the phone response very slow
    I'm seeing that, we're discussing it here, partway down the page: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,13145.45.html. This isn't the same thing though. When the 650 with 1.28 goes into slow-mo, for me at least everything is in slow-mo, not just the power button.