Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    FYI (although broken English):

Thank you for contacting palmOne Technical Support. My name is Giovanni and I will be assisting you with your inquiry regarding Treo 650 updater still unable to resolve Car Kit incompatibilities.

I understand that your concern with the issue at hand. I know that you are frustrated with your car model Car Kit is not compatible with Treo 650. As for your inquiry, the updater address all the common issues that Treo 650 users are experiencing. As of this time of writing our research team is still developing for the update. But there is no official date on when the next updater will be released. But rest assured that all updates will be posted on our website www.palmone.com. Again We apologized for the inconvenience.

We hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. Please take time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience, as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.
    Is the above a scene from an old episode of Seinfeld that I've missed????
    Or perhaps Monty Python?
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I have no idea - but "we're sorry - we didn't fully test - and you're still fked - but please answer the survey positively"
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Not sure what they said...it seems to be a response about nothing, or you could read into it as much as you want but I view it as they did not answer the question about why it was missing.

rob
    Well, it sure made my day! If it wasn't a real problem it would be funny as ****

Morons @ PalmOne....why give the Sprint 650 a new Bluetooth Stack, and not the GSM version?
    Here is my email from Giovanni:

Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting palmOne Technical Support. My name is Giovanni and I will be assisting you with your inquiry regarding the Treo™ 650 Sprint PCS BMW Car Kit compatibility.

Nice to hear from you again Scott, I understand your concern with the issue at hand. I check with our website that Bluetooth® Car Kit for BMW is already compatible with the Treo 650 Sprint PCS. As of this time of writing there is no information yet on why only Treo 650 for Sprint PCS has the driver for the BMW Car Kit.

I already raised your inquiry with the senior support for more information on this matter. Be advise the Treo 650 Sprint PCS is a network locked smartphone, there is a possibility their own application development team created the driver to cater their subscribers needs. We get in touch with you as soon as the official information is release.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    My second response (this is serious - not a joke as you may think):

Thank you for contacting palmOne Technical Support. My name is Ralph and I will be helping you with your query.

Josh, its nice to hear from you again. I would like to inform you that the Treo 650 updater for Sprint and Unlock version are completely different and don’t have the same functionality. This is because Sprint uses a CDMA version that uses a dedicated phone line, which is not too complicated for our research department to create a profile for Infiniti. The Unlock version on the other hand, uses a GSM / GPRS / EDGE technology, which is a much-advanced technology. It needs a lot of time to stack other car brands into the update. However, be assured that an update would follow to hopefully pair the smartphone with your car. Please keep posted in our palmOne Support website for the latest news and updates.

===
    lol...too funny...

Here is my response from Ralph (keep in mind my question was regarding bluetooth, and nothing about CDMA/GSM):

Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting palmOne Technical Support. My name is Ralph
    and I will be helping you with your inquiry.

Scott, its nice to hear from you again. Regarding your inquiry, the
    Treo(tm) 650 CDMA version has a complete radio system design that of the
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE version. GSM/GPRS/EDGE version still needs a thorough
    system enhancement since it uses a multiple network technology and
    especially with the mobile service provider Subscriber Identity Module
    (SIM) card that may cause conflict. You may keep posted in our palmOne
    Support website for further updates.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Who the hell can we contact to right this ship?
    Once a GSM SD card updater comes out it might be possible to pluck the BT files from the Sprint updater and insert them into the GSM updater and see if they work. If they do that would expose PalmOne's bulls..t, again.
    lindros2:

(For those not interested in reading this, skip to the next post.)

Most folks are not really ready for the following, but it is very effective under the correct circustances.

Large companies, as these posts attest to, sometimes promise, and then do not keep promises.

If P1 did initially advised it was going to have Wi-Fi drivers avail on or about launch time for the 650, then it would (reasonablly) appear that it has breached that promise/contract, then the following, via 'fair comsumer use', 'comsumer use rights', breach of contract, etc., may be used effectively. This process will take some of your time, perhaps 3-8 hours over 2 days (perhaps more if you decide to go to trial), and it will (really) rattle P1:

1: Go to your local civil court and file a small claims court action for some amount. In Calif not to exceed $5,000.00. Your damages must be backed up/reasonable. Eg: cost of a new PDA and supporting Wi-Fi equipment, cost of tele phone calls, postage, etc to P1 trying to resolve the issues, court and service fees, etc.

2. While filling out the small claims suit, fill out a supoena duces tecum, (suponena for records/people), and list any possible paper, computer document/records, internet promotions (sometimes worldwide!), people that you spoke/wrote with at P1, etc., that you feel may be related to the 650, Wi-Fi issues, emails, promises, etc.

In Calif for small claims they (defantant) do not have to respond to a duces tecum, but there are times their attorneys do not know that. Either way it is to your advantage to fill one out.

3. Serve P1 (actually their "agent of service" (a lawyer firm most times)in the state you live) with the suit and subpoena. You can get that info from your State Dept of Corp.

4 Wait for them to contact you... they will, often several days to a week before the trial is set to hear. You can either settle with them then, for some type of damage/s and not go to court, or

5. Go to court. They can not send an attorney to court (in the state of Calif). Large businesses almost 100% of the time will settle out of court. Too costly to send P1 reps, let alone the cost if they are compelled to produce on the subpoena, which could run in the $10,000's, to hundred of thousands. They also hate going to court as it is very costly.

In Calif, if they do not show, it is a 'default' win for you, providing you asked for 'reasonable' damages' and can back up those requested damages to the judge. Which is very simple.

Now, this is not the real goal ($), but if P1 had repeated/numerous small suits like this, it is more cost effective for them to make the darn Wi-Fi drivers/hardware than to be bleeding through 100's or 1000's of small claim suits...

Or maybe the goal is $ on loss of a non-supported/breached contract on product.

I know of a number of people who have received beta software/drivers/hardware, numerous computers, $, etc as settlements (much more than the value of the equipment they were suing for).

No I don't advocate this process. However, in cases where there is clear breach and strong conviction to the issue, and no meaningful response, it speaks louder than telephone calls and emails, and usually receives a much defined response.

This threat of response towards A**T and their TH*-Raid motherboard helped with some more timely and frequent Bios and other driver releases.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Legal action is a bit much. Getting people that speak English would make me happy at this point.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ good point.
    I'd just be glad if the device worked as promised so I didn't care if they spoke english or not.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ^ better point.

However English is a start - no idea where the communication breakdown is (if there is any) but clearly there are a lot of pissed off people. $700 for a phone and it won't work with my new car.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindros2
    ^ better point.

However English is a start - no idea where the communication breakdown is (if there is any) but clearly there are a lot of pissed off people. $700 for a phone and it won't work with my new car.
    I am sure the tech support people above could advise you that there are plenty of cars available without bluetooth that would better suit your Treo.

(sorry, just couldn't resist that)
    Here's a part of the repsonse I got from Palm...

No written advice or information sent to you by Palm may be resent, distributed or posted on any media accessible to the public (including, but not limited to, any Internet site or bulletin board) without Palm's prior written consent.
    Last edited by Treology; 11/24/2005 at 08:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Palm can go f'k themselves. Good luck coming after any of us. I invite their lawyers (who are probably also in India or China) to suck a big fat one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast