Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    BIG fat one.
  2. lindros2's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
       #22  
    You know, the only thing which would cause me to file a small-claims suit against Palm (and make it as public as I possibly could) would be if they did try to reprimand an Internet board for posting their completely useless, nonsensical responses...

    No written advice or information sent to you by Palm may be resent, distributed or posted on any media accessible to the public (including, but not limited to, any Internet site or bulletin board) without Palm's prior written consent
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by lindros2
    You know, the only thing which would cause me to file a small-claims suit against Palm (and make it as public as I possibly could) would be if they did try to reprimand an Internet board for posting their completely useless, nonsensical responses...

    Hey lindros2, I dont belong to any Palm organization but since you seems to be so frustrated with their responses and seems not to respect their email legal notes, I challege you to post your complete name here, and any contact number so a Palm representative could fairly contact you to rest this matter.

    I believe your just making this forum a ground to assault Palm with your frustrations.

    I have gone through a lot of problems with my smartphone but this is not the right way to express your frustrations. Why not directly contact Palm or have your attorney involved with the matter.

  4. #24  
    Lighten up Treology. Not being able to retransmit advice regarding how to solve a technical problem is not linked to a legitimate business interest of PalmOne. As you know, this has more to do with having an at times insufficient technical support. Shielding consumers from this is not legitimate.

    Moreover the phrase was just tagged at the end of the message and not willfully entered into by both parties. Had the message been displayed before being able to get technical support or had Palmone benefitted from some type of confidential or priviliged type of communication things would have been different. If their attorney have to plead the case as copyright infringement I think they have a fragile case.
  5. #25  
    Treology is obviously on the payroll in one way or another.

    And even if he(she?) isn't, It would stand to reason that Palm's mentality would seem to be accurately represented by him.

    Overcompensation and a high level of defensiveness would probably be the first symptom to emerge at a cocktail party or a public forum such as this by a frustrated rep following months of gross incompetence and disregard toward Palm's years-long loyal customer base.

    It looks like at least a portion of Darwin's theories can be applied to corporate America too.

    The eroded condition of your hotsync icon is also very telling.

    Thanks for the window... Good job my Treologically Sound Forum Friend.

    LATER EDIT: I thought your tag line "~ Demit Norphus Armodai Erichie ~" looked familiar:
    http://forums.palmone.com/pe/profile...berID=20101990
    and again at: http://www.spug.net/member.php?u=13925

    What exactly IS your deal?
    Last edited by Tom Jefferson; 08/15/2005 at 03:45 PM.
  6. #26  
    Ekekekekekekek... go on!!!

  7. #27  
    Two things:

    First, without previous notice, giving someone a technical response and at the same time telling them they cannot repeat it is unenforcable. YOu have to be told ahead of time that you cannot repeat it if it is to have a chacne of being enofrcebale.

    Second, tech support folks really hate to have their answers published because each answer may be unique to a particualr situation and they spend extra time (time = money) having to explain how the answer someone heard does not apply to them.

    Pretty much anyone prefers that if someone is going to spread around what you say that you be given a chance to draft it up formally first.
  8. #28  
    Hey..

    While I can certainly understand the fustration of lidros2 and others with Palm over the bluetooth carkit issues and other non related issues, It never ceases to amaze me that some want everything all of the time and want everything to work perfectly.

    Lets say Palm did not release the Treo until every manufactures carkits were supported, and go a little further, lets say Palm wouldn't release the Treo 650 until non carkit equipt vehicles were supported.

    I wouldn't like the latter sceneario because I drive a 2005 Kenworth without a carkit. The manufacturer does not build their trucks with carkits, nor does any other big truck builder. So I go to my neighborhood Comp USA and by a Motrorola HF820 bluetooth carkit. The Package says it supports Nokia, Sony, LG, Ericson, Siemans and Motorola, not Palm Treo. I buy it anyway and pair it to my Sprint/Treo 650. It works ok, but not the way I want it to. It won't auto answer because it goes to sleep after 6 minutes. When my phone rings, I have to push a button to use it. What crap, right? It certainly does not function the way my Scala 500 works.

    With that said, should I be angry with Sprint, for forcing me to buy the Treo because they no longer supported dial up connections on the voice plan. I was perfectly happy with my old Nokia and Futuredial software. Or should I be angry with Kenworth for not building the truck with a bluetooth carkit, or should I be angry with Palm for not supporting non Carkit equipt vehicles, Or maybe I should vent my anger at Motorola for not building the HF820 carkit the way I think it should have been built?

    The above is ridiculous right? Lets get real, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. There are way to many cry babies in the world.

    I have no affiliation with Palm what so ever. I just like their products and decided to give my nickles worth.

    Enjoy....

    Chuck
  9. #29  
    Is Palm also directing SO "Days of our lives"? Sounds like it.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey..

    While I can certainly understand the fustration of lidros2 and others with Palm over the bluetooth carkit issues and other non related issues, It never ceases to amaze me that some want everything all of the time and want everything to work perfectly.

    Chuck
    Everything?!?? All of the time?!?!... how about the basics?... some of the time?
  11. #31  
    Chckhbrt, I think you should not call people crybabies. They complain not because they want the world, but simply because the software product they bought has too many bugs. The bugs are very annoying for people that use Palm devices every day and have been doing so for many years. The early Palms were rock solid. But as Palm has (because of Microsoft’s competition) tried to add features such as multimedia, networking, bluetooth and wireless, the PalmOS has become unstable.

    People having used Palm for many years, and want to continue doing so because they depend on excellent palm software like Natara Bonsai and Datebk5, have to consider changing platform because of the buggy software. Hell, even Palm is considering it and seems to release their next Treo with Mobile Windows.

    Whereas my Palm V was very stable with PalmOS 5, the version 5.4 just isn’t. And the version 6 Cobalt has not even been used by any hardware manufacturer even though it has been “released for manufacturing” for over a year and a half. It’s simply to buggy.

    PalmSource knows their software is not up to par and they invest lots of money on switching to Linux. To be able to include new features while keeping a stable OS is the key factor for PalmSource to have chosen Linux as the foundation for their OS.

    When there are problems some people believe not acknowledging them is the best solution as they cannot change them for the better anyway. Others have the courage acknowledge problems in the hope that things will change.

    To give you an example of a very simple bug that has not been solved through multiple firmware and software upgrade of the Treo 650, try this with me:
    Set your System Volume to “Off” in the Prefs application. You will notice that there are no longer any click sounds as you change options. However, now change the Game Volume: move it from one volume setting to another, or set it to Off. You will notice that the System sounds are back even though the System Volume remains on “Off”. To get System Volume back “Off”, you need to reactive them by setting them to 1 or above and then set it back to “Off”.

    This simple error has been reported to Palm a long time ago by me, and even with several updates, it has yet to be resolved. It does not seem like a very difficult problem to me. But Palm just seems not to be able to solve the simplest problems or else Technical Support is not cooperating with them to forward bug reports.
  12. #32  
    Hey u m rasmussen....

    I can certainly "feel" your disagreement with the term "cry babies", however I still think it is appropriate. It has been my observation with this forum and others that I visit, that people refuse to take the time to fully understand or even how to operate something, "bug" ridden or not.

    Granted, there may be some "bugs" with certain functions or features of the Treo 650. While I can't speak for others, I grow tired of some that would rather get up on a soap box and cry to all the world and display their personal problems with a company openly, ie: personal e-mails from Palm.

    I think others that prefer not suffer with the Treo, will go buy something they can wrap their mind around. Some other lesser devise they finally understand.

    As for games, I don't use the Treo 650 for games. If I want to play Games, I use my laptop for that. And yes, that is a personal choice.

    I do however, use the Treo 650 and most, if not all the factory features it came with for personal and business use. And where needed, I purchase an app for things I need it to do that did not come as a feature.

    I think some come here with a b i t c h fest about their fustration and/or personal feelings about a product or company to garner support for their moment. This is still the United States and I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours.

    Chuck
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey u m rasmussen....

    I do however, use the Treo 650 and most, if not all the factory features it came with for personal and business use. And where needed, I purchase an app for things I need it to do that did not come as a feature...

    Chuck
    Right... like an app to keep the screen from shutting off because prefs don't work... like an app so you can hear the caller... like an app to screen calls (whoops, that's right, there isn't one that works properly) like an app to perform voicedialing (whoops, that's right, there isn't one for that either) or how about...

    ... awe I'm sorry to inflict my b'fest on you... guess I'm a real whiner eh?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson

    ... awe I'm sorry to inflict my b'fest on you... guess I'm a real whiner eh?
    Your appology is accepted and you are forgiven.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey..

    While I can certainly understand the fustration of lidros2 and others with Palm over the bluetooth carkit issues and other non related issues, It never ceases to amaze me that some want everything all of the time and want everything to work perfectly.

    Lets say Palm did not release the Treo until every manufactures carkits were supported, and go a little further, lets say Palm wouldn't release the Treo 650 until non carkit equipt vehicles were supported.

    I wouldn't like the latter sceneario because I drive a 2005 Kenworth without a carkit. The manufacturer does not build their trucks with carkits, nor does any other big truck builder. So I go to my neighborhood Comp USA and by a Motrorola HF820 bluetooth carkit. The Package says it supports Nokia, Sony, LG, Ericson, Siemans and Motorola, not Palm Treo. I buy it anyway and pair it to my Sprint/Treo 650. It works ok, but not the way I want it to. It won't auto answer because it goes to sleep after 6 minutes. When my phone rings, I have to push a button to use it. What crap, right? It certainly does not function the way my Scala 500 works.

    With that said, should I be angry with Sprint, for forcing me to buy the Treo because they no longer supported dial up connections on the voice plan. I was perfectly happy with my old Nokia and Futuredial software. Or should I be angry with Kenworth for not building the truck with a bluetooth carkit, or should I be angry with Palm for not supporting non Carkit equipt vehicles, Or maybe I should vent my anger at Motorola for not building the HF820 carkit the way I think it should have been built?

    The above is ridiculous right? Lets get real, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. There are way to many cry babies in the world.

    I have no affiliation with Palm what so ever. I just like their products and decided to give my nickles worth.

    Enjoy....

    Chuck
    chckhbrt,

    The issue is not that it doesn't work, the issue is that they have a fix for it, and are only providing it to Sprint PCS customers. The BT technologies are the same regardless of radio type (CDMA or GSM), so why not release it so that ALL Palm Treo 650 users can have the update, and not just the Sprint folks...what since does this make??
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lindros2
    Originally Posted by lindros2
    ^ better point.

    However English is a start - no idea where the communication breakdown is (if there is any) but clearly there are a lot of pissed off people. $700 for a phone and it won't work with my new car. )


    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I am sure the tech support people above could advise you that there are plenty of cars available without bluetooth that would better suit your Treo.

    (sorry, just couldn't resist that)
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

    Gadget begets gadgets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions