1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 originally was:

Treo 650 GSM Cingular (blocked)

and now I have unlocked (with the unlock code) my Treo to use it in
    Spain (Europe) with Movistar GSM.

Is my hardware compatible to use this upgrade?

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...lockedgsm.html

Thanks!
    yes....do a freakin search!
    some people actually uses this update to unlock their cingular treo
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    Sorry...then I will search.

But is this firmware dedicated to a different model or should it be used for all the model GSM that are now unblocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    some people actually uses this update to unlock their cingular treo
    Uh, no. No amount of firmware flashing will remove a subsidy lock. Flashing the ROW firmware will remove all the Cingular-specific software modifications, but it will not unlock a locked phone.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by sgbmad
    But is this firmware dedicated to a different model or should it be used for all the model GSM that are now unblocked?
    The 1.13 update can be used on any GSM phone. The only caveat is that if your device was not originally an unlocked phone running the ROW firmware, i.e. it was originally a Cingular or ATTWS (or Rogers?) branded phone, then you will have to apply one of the ROW betas to it before you can apply the official 1.13 update. This is because the official update checks the existing version on the phone before it will allow you to continue, while the betas do not.

Since you're not even in the USA, I would recommend you apply this update and return the phone to its full functionality (DUN enabled, etc).
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  6.    #6  
    jetkins, thanks for you extended info.
  7.    #7  
    Then, if your you had my Treo, would you upgrade it? I doubt if to upgrade it for if my Treo stops to work.
    Well as it happens, I do have your Treo! Like yours, mine is a Cingular unit which has been unlocked, and I have upgraded to the ROW software. For me, the deciding factor was that I wanted to be able to use DUN without needing a hack. We still have no idea whether the CNG version will continue to have DUN disabled after the CNG update comes out.

Again, for me, I would rather have my Treo operating the way that PalmOne intended, rather than the way which Cingular wants to inflict upon their customers.
  9.    #9  
    You have convinced me. I believe that I will put on hands to the work and I will upgrade my treo. Wish me luck!

SHOULD I FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...mware+gsm+1.04
    Yes, I believe Cody has done an excellent job with those instructions, and many folks have followed them successfully. That's basically the method I used. Good luck!
  11.    #11  
    Thank you very much Jetkins. I only hope not to lose the phone configuration...
  12.    #12  
    Finally I upgraded my treo without problems. Also, I have been able to select my language with the new firmware version.

I have only found a problem. After to install Card Export and to complete their installation with a soft reset, my treo do a loop reset and I have to make a hard reset.

Is it possible that Card Export II is not compatible with the new version?