Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Maybe not bugs in 1.12 but definitely some annoyances! Here's a few I've seen!

-When in the phone, if you switch to an app, after a short time the app automatically switches back to the phone app. Especially annoying when you're trying to read reservations, account codes, etc. while on hold!!!
    -The short delay when initiating a DTMF tone sucks. I hit the button and it is not instantaneous like in the 1.08 load.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, 1.12 truely does not have any bugs (of this nature), if hard resetting and running WITHOUT syncing for a while still has issues, then your phone's hardware is the problem. Or you could have a semi-corrupt sd card in the socket, try it with nothing attached or in it.

If you REALLY need to go back to 1.08 you can by using the restore rom at my site and then use anyones 1.08 rom.
    I think the vast majority of 1.12 problems are actually application restoration problems or junky third-party software. But in my own case, I'm now convinced that 1.12's more robust hardware diagnosis routines are a bit too aggressive.

My beef: My serial port had been working fine before 1.12. Now I can't get any data off it. See prior posts for details.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinAndrewLips
    I think the vast majority of 1.12 problems are actually application restoration problems or junky third-party software. But in my own case, I'm now convinced that 1.12's more robust hardware diagnosis routines are a bit too aggressive.

My beef: My serial port had been working fine before 1.12. Now I can't get any data off it. See prior posts for details.
    I've reverted back to 1.08 and restored my last backup when I had 1.12. If the battery drain stops then it's definitely a firmware problem and not 3rd party app. I'll post my result in a few days.
    Ok it's been 2 days since the downgrade to 1.08 and so far I haven't seen any significant battery drain. It now takes about 2 hours before my battery goes down to 98% vs. 30 min when I had 1.12. I don't believe it's a 3rd party application issue since I restored from my last backup when I still had 1.12. I guess I'll stick to 1.08 for now.
    It was the opposite for me, after the 1.08 I was going through 2 batteries a day with little to moderate use. After the 1.12 update the battery is back to normal after a heavy day of usage still have 60%.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12