Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    When I try to sync my Treo 650 with my desktop, it just sits at 'contacts' forever. No desktop files appear to be growing in size and I have no idea what it's doing.

Anyone?
    Are you using Outlook or Palm Desktop? I had the same thing happen with my Outlook (2000). If I make sure to have Outlook open when I'm syncing, I have no problems. It's only a "band-aid", but it works. Hope this helps!
    I had the same problem this weekend after updating to 1.28...It's been hit and miss and I haven't been able to nail down the exact nature of the problem or a solution. I am GSM unlocked and Outlook 2003.

Shy
    I believe there is a help issue on the Palm web site on this topic. I have also read, elsewhere in this forum, that an incomplete or corrupt contact in Outlook can hang the Hot Sync process. I use the Palm Desktop for PIMs, so I cannot help you with the specifics.

Cheers, Perry.
    When I have this happen (once a year) I set the conduit to Desktop overrides Handheld. The drawback is you lose whatever you added to your Treo since the last sync, but it usually solves the prob (in my experience caused by a corrupt database).