Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I got the Motorola HS850 as a gift today from my lovely wife, who knew I wanted a Bluetooth headset. But I've read alot of bad chatter about this headset with the Treo 650 here, in spite of the good review. I know this would be great with most "normal" Bluetooth phones out there, so my wife did a good job shopping.

    The question is, should I be a jerk and return it for the Treo branded headset, or is 850 fine?

    Good stories and bad welcome. And I'm kinda hoping that the Motorola is good, because my wife would be so happy that she made the right choice...............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  2. #2  
    Did you ask your wife for that particular headset? If not, you could always tell her it's a GREAT headset, but not very compatible with the Treo. Blame your phone. I'm sure she'd be much happier if you had the headset that you really want and works the best...
  3. #4  
    I would be careful, your user name hints you are ugly and your quote in your signature says you lack intelligence. You are either rich or a hell of a nice guy if it is the latter I would grin and bear it or lie and say that it will not work with your phone but if you still have the reciept honey we can go get one that does
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    I would be careful, your user name hints you are ugly and your quote in your signature says you lack intelligence. You are either rich or a hell of a nice guy if it is the latter I would grin and bear it or lie and say that it will not work with your phone but if you still have the reciept honey we can go get one that does
    LMAO http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/haha4.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Did you ask your wife for that particular headset? If not, you could always tell her it's a GREAT headset, but not very compatible with the Treo. Blame your phone. I'm sure she'd be much happier if you had the headset that you really want and works the best...
    This, and the latter part of Kahuna's post, sound very reasonable and are the route I'd take.
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I got the Motorola HS850 as a gift today from my lovely wife, who knew I wanted a Bluetooth headset. But I've read alot of bad chatter about this headset with the Treo 650 here, in spite of the good review. I know this would be great with most "normal" Bluetooth phones out there, so my wife did a good job shopping.

    The question is, should I be a jerk and return it for the Treo branded headset, or is 850 fine?

    Good stories and bad welcome. And I'm kinda hoping that the Motorola is good, because my wife would be so happy that she made the right choice...............
    Christinac130 advice was the best. My suggestion: You've already stated that your wife did a good job shopping, so at the very least, try it out and see first if it works for you. Tell your wife to hold on to the receipt in the event that it doesnt meet your needs.

    Best of luck to you with whatever headset you end up with.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  6.    #7  
    Thanks everybody............

    No, I didn't specifically ask for this model. If I remotely thought my wife would get this for me I would have educated her on the "querky-ness" of the Treo.

    And Kahuna, I'm a bit on the ugly side, yes. I kinda look like Hofo, except he's wearing a hat.

    And hofo, if you have any experience with marriage, you always make sure the couch is comfy before you buy.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  7. #8  
    Take their advise. I am still looking for the perfect headset. Ben
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    Thanks everybody............

    No, I didn't specifically ask for this model. If I remotely thought my wife would get this for me I would have educated her on the "querky-ness" of the Treo.

    And Kahuna, I'm a bit on the ugly side, yes. I kinda look like Hofo, except he's wearing a hat.

    And hofo, if you have any experience with marriage, you always make sure the couch is comfy before you buy.
    thanks for the advice

    well look im not married or anything..um so i think i will say nothing no more...good luck buttuglyjeff
  9. verks's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #10  
    Well just let her use the Moto850 for a day and she will TELL you to return it.

    -posted from my 650-
    Go Bucks!

Posting Permissions