Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1.    #1  
    What's left for Palm to fix?

    Is everyone happy now?
  2. #2  
    Nope. Still won't fetch me a tall cold one from the fridge....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    That's what I had thought until today...I experienced a random soft reset (I think when a voicemail acknowledgment came in) after which all of my saved prefs were gone. Same prob that existed after the 1.08 ROM. Anyone else?
  4. #4  
    I was happy after 1.08, and some people wil NEVER EVER be happy (given, there is ALLWAYS room for improvement...)
    I think its a real smart smartphone...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    What's left for Palm to fix?

    Is everyone happy now?
    I'm not happy.

    Still need the Cingular upgrade

    I bought my phone from Cingular (full retail about a week ago.) Plenty of time left on my thirty day trial. I wonder if I should return it and get an Palm One unlocked GSM version.......
  6. #6  
    I think it will take some time before its clear if it fixes everything. The more important aspect is that there is an update that at least attempts to reconcile some of the problems. Thats the good news.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  7. #7  
    What about my tall cold one???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    palmOne has made me a very happy person. All I ask is Network Selection for Cingular. I plan on calling in tomorrow and tossing them a weak connection issue and hope for an OTA update that will let me select my own network. It's funny though, because when I updated my device, before I powered on the phone, I noticed that I had the option for Network Selection, after I got a connection with Cingular, it was gone.


  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Nope. Still won't fetch me a tall cold one from the fridge....
    Silly, you use the Treo to phone your wife or girlfriend and have her get you a cold one from the fridge.

    (Think the ladies might let me have it on this one, all meant in good humor)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Silly, you use the Treo to phone your wife or girlfriend and have her get you a cold one from the fridge.
    She has other, more important things to service
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #11  
    Maybe someone can go into a business where they will deliver beer to you (like groceries) ... and then someone can develop an app that orders beer for you... and then you could use the 650 with the upgrade to order it and ....

    Well its just a thought.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #12  
    Don't let P1 think you're satisfied, that's just more fuel for slow/no innovation. I will say that my device has been a lot better since the update - much more stable.
  13. #13  
    Ya, we always want more. I think the 650 is great. But here is my wish list:

    64mb of memory.
    SD 1.1 for the eventual 4gb SD card.
    True hands free w/ Voice Signal and Bluetooth headset/earpiece
    EV-DO and a faster processor to match.

    Of course, did I just describe the 7xx?

    Cheers, Perry.
  14. #14  
    Pocket Mini Golf resets when I hit a ball out of play, this might be initial from the PalmOne developers to make me play better
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ya, we always want more. I think the 650 is great. But here is my wish list:

    64mb of memory.
    SD 1.1 for the eventual 4gb SD card.
    True hands free w/ Voice Signal and Bluetooth headset/earpiece
    EV-DO and a faster processor to match.

    Of course, did I just describe the 7xx?

    Cheers, Perry.
    I agree plus I'll toss in Bluetooth 1.2. However, I doubt any of this can be done with the current hardware so... Treo 7xx, here we come!
  16.    #16  
    Why stop at 64 mb?

    Think big!

    How about a gig or more built-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I agree plus I'll toss in Bluetooth 1.2. However, I doubt any of this can be done with the current hardware so... Treo 7xx, here we come!

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ya, we always want more. I think the 650 is great. But here is my wish list:

    64mb of memory.
    SD 1.1 for the eventual 4gb SD card.
    True hands free w/ Voice Signal and Bluetooth headset/earpiece
    EV-DO and a faster processor to match.

    Of course, did I just describe the 7xx?

    Cheers, Perry.
  17. #17  
    Here's the question: Will P1 be able to release the Txxx (T700?) right the first time--without any software patches down the road?
    ###
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Here's the question: Will P1 be able to release the Txxx (T700?) right the first time--without any software patches down the road?
    ###
    No.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #19  
    Still waiting for WiFi.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  20. #20  
    Is it now up to everything the 600 can do + the 650 advantages?

    Yes. I finally tell my non-techie friends to buy it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions