Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    So this is probably a stupid question...

I just got my Treo 650 yesterday, and I'd like to make sure I'm up to date with the bundled software. Where do I go to find these updates you guys are talking about?

Edit: I should add I'm on Cingular.
    I am also on Cingular and would like to get the memory patch.
    From what I am reading from several posts is that I am seeing more problems for the GSM Treos then the Sprint Treos. I have the Sprint Treo and did the update and all is well. No resets since the upgrade. I'm loving this thing!!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think that the 1.12 update makes the 650 as solid a performer as the 600. That's not a knock at the 650, but I have to admit that most of the things that p1 has had to fix were issues that I never had on my 600. I know, I know, the 650 does more stuff and all of that, but you have to admit that the main issues (memory management, delayed calling, BT problems, volume issues, etc) are things that should have been addressed PRIOR to release. I mean, who tested this thing? I would be surprised if they were 600 owners, because I think the end product would have been different if they were. For instance, why did they change the 5 way nav button (it's smaller and harder to push in the "down" direction) and it's functions? There really shouldn't have been a learning curve for the basic functions of the 650 becuase (in my opinion) they got it right the first time with the 600.

I know I rambling a bit here, but I loved my 600 (except for the lo-res screen) and how easy it was to use. I cursed the 650 for about a month after the switch becuase they changed stuff that really didn't need to be changed.

Anyway, here's my wishlist (in order of importance):
    1) More memory
    2) WiFi
    3) Lighter weight
    4) Slimmer profile
    5) 1.3 or greater megapixel camera
    6) Standard size headphone jack (there's room if they go back to the 600's connector)
    7) Internal antenna

Did I miss anything? Probably....
    Quote Originally Posted by pessimist
    So this is probably a stupid question...

I just got my Treo 650 yesterday, and I'd like to make sure I'm up to date with the bundled software. Where do I go to find these updates you guys are talking about?

Edit: I should add I'm on Cingular.
    Not stupid but pretty easy to find.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ock+GSM+update
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    How about adding a feature that every cell phone I've ever owned has. Adding a number that is not in your phone book to an existing contact!!! Why don't more people complain about this very simple lacking feature?
    second this one! very lame it is still not available
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal
    I think that the 1.12 update makes the 650 as solid a performer as the 600. That's not a knock at the 650, but I have to admit that most of the things that p1 has had to fix were issues that I never had on my 600. I know, I know, the 650 does more stuff and all of that, but you have to admit that the main issues (memory management, delayed calling, BT problems, volume issues, etc)
    Don't be afraid of the flamers, I've said it many times before, the orignal firmware that shipped with the T650 was JUNK, Sprint 1.12 changes that, as I said the only problem I still experience is having to press the power buttons 2-3 times to turn the phone on; and YES, there's no reason Palm should have released this device with less than 64MB of memory
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234