Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Is it now up to everything the 600 can do + the 650 advantages?

    Yes. I finally tell my non-techie friends to buy it.
    When you can tell non-techies it's safe to buy, that's about as perfect as it's going to get.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Why stop at 64 mb?

    Think big!

    How about a gig or more built-in?

    I know, but all I want is some room to handle my emails and maybe a couple of more apps. (I am at 5mb free at the moment and that is where I am leaving it, to handle daily e-mails.)

    I think 64mb will accomplish this. This will keep one of the cost components down, and the rest of us that are memory mad can use our 2GB cards (and 4GB SD cards, if they incorporate 1.1). I don't think a micro-drive will be in the works either, as the vibration mode of the Treo might have an adverse affect on it.

    Cheers, Perry.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    What's left for Palm to fix?

    Is everyone happy now?
    I think it'd be easier to ask for world peace....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4. #24  
    I think the next logical step would not be a major leap to a more complex unit, but should build on the what works on the 650. Not every new device should be considered a replacement for what we have now, but an improvement. With this firmware update, I have exactly what I paid for and what I expected.

    Remember the Palm V, followed by the Palm Vx? That was a smart upgrade. It was the same exact device, but with more memory. What if they were to release a Treo 655 (or whatever) that was exactly the same, but with 64MB? Personally, I would not buy another one, but maybe a bunch of other people would convert.

    Maybe then, the following Treo would add Ev-Do capability or something else.
  5.    #25  
    What about the memory issues? Block size change fixed it all?


    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Is it now up to everything the 600 can do + the 650 advantages?

    Yes. I finally tell my non-techie friends to buy it.
  6. #26  
    I'm still hoping for acceptable handset call volume.
  7.    #27  
    I know lots of people that have jumped on the iPod wagon. Why not include a few gig and and the right software to market against it?

    I don't want to carry two devices when I don't have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Why stop at 64 mb?

    Think big!

    How about a gig or more built-in?
    I know, but all I want is some room to handle my emails and maybe a couple of more apps. (I am at 5mb free at the moment and that is where I am leaving it, to handle daily e-mails.)

    I think 64mb will accomplish this. This will keep one of the cost components down, and the rest of us that are memory mad can use our 2GB cards (and 4GB SD cards, if they incorporate 1.1). I don't think a micro-drive will be in the works either, as the vibration mode of the Treo might have an adverse affect on it.

    Cheers, Perry.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I'm not happy.

    Still need the Cingular upgrade

    I bought my phone from Cingular (full retail about a week ago.) Plenty of time left on my thirty day trial. I wonder if I should return it and get an Palm One unlocked GSM version.......
    I would suggest doing this. Why get the Cingular version if there is an Unlocked GSM version that has more options available out-of-the-box and is already unlocked.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  9. #29  
    1.28 has caused more resets on my phone. With the original Cingular 1.04 I could count on a reset about every 2-3 days. I've had 4 per day for the 2 days since I "upgraded". Speaker volume is still inadequate for someone with normal auditory acuity in a location with background noise (such as an airport). Yes, it does cool things, but it is even more unstable, at least for me, and still deficient in fundamental properties as a phone.
  10. #30  
    Happy now? I was happy before. I'm even happier now.

    But perfect? No way. I still want: more RAM, EVDO, and the ability to take a call while online. Real multitasking might be nice, too.

    Yes, I know those won't happen with a ROM upgrade.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #31  
    Feedback on this one? Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    What about the memory issues? Block size change fixed it all?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ...

    and the ability to take a call while online. Real multitasking might be nice, too.

    Yes, I know those won't happen with a ROM upgrade.
    Not ROM nor handset upgrade. It's just not possible with CDMA.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
  13. #33  
    Memory issues are fixed manorton.. don't have first hand experience being with Cingular Blue however
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14. #34  
    so, since I have not even installed 1.08 yet, should i install 1.12 - my 650 works ok, i dont have too many random resets (jus the occassional web browsing reset and occassional im in the middle of a phone call and the phone just resets) type annoyance resets
  15. #35  
    Are people finding the low volume problem to be completely resolved? I'm not noticing much of a difference ....
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    Not ROM nor handset upgrade. It's just not possible with CDMA.
    Well, not until EV-DV, at least. But that still doesn't stop me from wanting it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Silly, you use the Treo to phone your wife or girlfriend and have her get you a cold one from the fridge.

    (Think the ladies might let me have it on this one, all meant in good humor)
    Or - as he's not a sexist - he'll call his boyfriend or mate, and have them fetch it...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Are people finding the low volume problem to be completely resolved? I'm not noticing much of a difference ....
    My volume is greatly enhanced! I can now hear people talking (holding the phone up to my head) in a louder environment than i used to before. Also, using ProfileCare to keep the volume at 100% all the time helps.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  19.    #39  
    Compared to when the 650 first came out with the reduced memory, how do we stand?

    A little better or significant improvement?


    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Memory issues are fixed manorton.. don't have first hand experience being with Cingular Blue however
  20. #40  
    I'm happier than a homosexual at an all-male college for the Fine Arts. PalmOne did a good job.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions