1.    #1  
    I have been through this far too many times for this phone to cost as much as it does. Everytime I turn on the phone I get network searching then once it connects and the gprs connects the phone automatically shuts down and resets. I don't know if it's because I am running ringo pro on my phone or no. Whenever I hold the red button and hit reset it sends me to the erase screen and i hit no and the phone initially looks okay but then as I go to cut the phone on it does this loop all over again!!! I am on cingular ver. 1.04. I would appreciate any advise anyone can give.
    I'd suggest doing a warm reset (hold the UP on the 5 way while doing the reset). That will start up the Treo without any other application that may choose to run (sort of like Safe mode in Windows).

Then delete any recent applications that you suspect is causing this (Ringo Pro or whatever).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm using Ringo Pro, no problems here. I have noticed a correlation between lack of memory and resets however. I would like to think that the cause for your endless cycle of resets is the loading of an application into RAM that is not available. My suggestion would be to delete applications you no longer use.

4.    #4  
    I have 13mb of space and I even tried deleting ringo pro and it still cycles!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenese
    I have 13mb of space and I even tried deleting ringo pro and it still cycles!!
    Maybe you can post what you have put on it...it may be something that someone recognizes as having reset problems with in the past
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Does a hard reset (deletes all applications off the Treo) fix this? If yes, add applications one by one and test. If not, exchange the unit for another one.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Ringo sounds like the culprit as far as the network search problem because it did that to me.. The advice given to hard reset and run it virgin for awhile and add apps 1 at a time is good advice. I also advise you to get an uninstall program and after the hard reset make that your first install so everything added after it can be fully removed. I use uninstall manager and it works well.. Hope you get this sorted out..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  8.    #8  
    I apologize in advance, I'm kindof a newbie! How do you hard reset.
    You've been doing your resets wrong from the beginning just to let you know.

Soft reset - Push the reset button under the battery cover holding NO buttons. It's basically like a "reboot" to put it in comparable terms

Warm reset - Push the reset button under the battery cover holding the up button. This is like, as other users said, booting into safe mode with no other apps running.

Hard reset - Push the reset button under the battery cover holding the end (red power) button until you see the circular palm1 screen. You'll have the option to erase all data (push up) or to not erase all the data. This is a way to format your rom so that it sets it back to factory with no apps other than the ones in the rom installed.

I'm not going to say that your reset problem has been due to the way you've manually resetted your phone, but there is a possibility that could be a problem. Never reset and push the end button at the same time unless you're planning to do a hard reset.

Hope this helps.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenese
    I apologize in advance, I'm kindof a newbie! How do you hard reset.
    Never too late to learn ...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(887),ts=Palm_External2001#top

tells you all about various types of resets for various Palm devices.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  11.    #11  
    I'm going to try a hard reset and erase the data, but I figured I would post the apps just in case anyone has had the same problems with a known app.

adobe reader
    blzer cookies
    bluetoothcache
    card engine library
    dgraph converter
    documents
    dslib
    dslide lib
    dxtgattachment plu
    hssysresourse
    hstracedatabase
    hstracedatabase head
    ibm java vm
    j9 exchanger
    j9 midp bundle
    javavmcheck
    message database
    midataidcache
    midi ringtones
    pp_p2p
    ringo pro
    sheet to go
    shim logs
    slideshow fonts
    slideshow to go
    solitaire
    ss_p2p
    system db chain head
    system ring tones
    tcpmp
    word to gowp_p2p
    Here's my .02$.You definitely need a hard reset. Then follow the Palm procedure step by step in setting up your Treo and Palm Desktop. Then and only then you can re-install one at a time, and testing them for a certain period at a time, all your third party apps. That's the only way you can truly enjoy your Treo without resets (like mine) - with carefully selected apps.

I can only recognize 3 apps in your list that I have (or used to have) in my Treo. Where did you get those software? I think some of them are data files, not apps.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????