1.    #1  
    I'm looking for an app like live, but that actually exports like its supposed to.

I just want to take out my phone "video tape" the kids when they do something cute, export it to an AVI or simular medium. Then from my desktop put it on the family website

Thanks.

BTW it's a Sprint Treo 600.
    Last edited by leardvr; 06/19/2005 at 04:26 PM. Reason: missing info
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    MovieRec 1.13

You'll need another program to convert it to mpg.

Do a search for it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The converter will only get the video, no audio. I've thought about using the Treo for similar purposes, but unless you'll be happy with no audio, you should probably look for a different solution.
    Live! at www.toysoft.ca.
    I have no experience with it, just saw another thread a second ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    I'm looking for an app like live, but that actually exports like its supposed to.

I just want to take out my phone "video tape" the kids when they do something cute, export it to an AVI or simular medium. Then from my desktop put it on the family website

Thanks.

BTW it's a Sprint Treo 600.
    Live does export to avi but without sound. You can then use app like VirtualDub and add the sound to it. Live records the video and audio into separate files. I'm not sure if you gotten Live! to export to avi or not but it does work.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Had "live" and disliked it. Just tried MovieRecord 1.13 with a converter on the desktop and bingo. Just what I wanted, very easy. Thanks for the tip.
    It works for what I need it to. (Although I have noticed that the video clips that get converted seem to speed up...but people I show get the idea.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Ya no sound, so whats the deal with that anyway?

Live in different files that don't come together very easily
    MovieRec 1.13 that comes together easily but without sound. (and is free)

Does the "camcorder" feature in the 650 work anybetter, and couldn't someone rewrite code so it would work in the 600. (BTW I'm not a programer and have no idea what that would take)
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Ya no sound, so whats the deal with that anyway?

Live in different files that don't come together very easily
    MovieRec 1.13 that comes together easily but without sound. (and is free)

Does the "camcorder" feature in the 650 work anybetter, and couldn't someone rewrite code so it would work in the 600. (BTW I'm not a programer and have no idea what that would take)
    I think the 650 camera version is a little better because its in a quicktime format. The problem is that its still just .3 mp.

I thought I read that the hardware is different so rewriting the code really wouldnt do any good. However, if someone could be motivated, then rewriting a program to work better on the 600 would be great but then ask yourself...what would be the motivation. Seems like most people have given up on the 600 (exceptions set aside of course )

The 650 writes in native quicktime (.mov) format? So you can export directly to a computer and play with Quicktime player?