Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    *UPDATE* I have added ROM #3! This includes everything in this post and the ONLY addition is Versamail 3.1. I have also added ROM #1, which is a clean ROM with no modifications. (this was for you treoneo! lol)

*UPDATE #2* I have added ROM #5b. Apparently, there were 3 files that control the Blazer font library that I did not include in the original ROM #5. I took them out so that ROM #5 would be identical to Shadow's ROM #5 for 1.08, and according to my filelist was not in his ROM #5 either, so I just made a version with those 3 files in it. Everything else is identical.

Hello everyone! I've been fiddling with this for the past 2 days now and I finally got a handle on things. First off, I want to thank Shadowmite for his T650Rom tool as well as his awesome documentation on Treo ROM's.

Here is a custom ROM that is identical to ROM #5 on Shadowmite's page that is now updated to version 1.12. So what exactly is this ROM?

ROM #5 has no Versamail, no QuickTour, no Download icon, no Get BC icon and no RealPlayer. Notepad and Voice Memo PRC's have been added. For a better understanding check out Shadowmite's ROM page.

ROM #5b is identical to ROM #5 in every way except it includes the Blazer font library which was taken out in the original ROM #5. For more information, please read pages 3, 4 and 5 of this thread!

ROM #3 is everything above with the addition of Versamail 3.1.

ROM #1 is the original Sprint 1.12 Firmware ROM with no modifications.

Read EVERYTHING before you proceed, the download is at the bottom. If this screws up your Treo, I'm not responsible, blah blah. I've done this to my 2 Treo 650's and they work beautifully.

First Step:
    Backup everything. You know the drill!

Second Step:
    Download the Sprint Treo 650 updater. You can find that by clicking here. This will make sure you are at 1.12. You can verify this by going into Phone Info.

Third Step:
    Download and install the new 1.12 custom ROM. For explicitly detailed instructions, check out Shadowmite's installation page by clicking here.

You're done! You should now have a fresh new install on your Treo and if you look in Phone Info, it should say Software Treo650-1.12-SPCS.

Download:
    I have a decent amount of web hosting space, but I have no idea how much this will be downloaded, so I've decided to host this file on RapidShare. Once you click the link, scroll to the bottom and click "Free". This will download the file. Ready? Then here ya go:

ROM #5:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2487861/rom5-1.12.zip.html

ROM #5b:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2497411/rom5b-1.12.zip.html

ROM #3:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2492604/rom3-1.12.zip.html

ROM #1:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2492720/rom1-1.12.zip.html

A special uber thanks to Shadowmite! Without his tools and knowledge I wouldn't know what the hell to do. Thanks pal!
    Last edited by adster; 06/20/2005 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Added ROM #3 and ROM #1
    Great job....what about a version for us poor Cingular folks?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Great job....what about a version for us poor Cingular folks?
    I wouldn't mind making one for you Cingular folks, but here are some of the problems:

-I'm not sure where to get the extracted ROM files for Cingular.
    -The files for Cingular are different then SPCS files. For example, our "Downloads" icon brings us to the SPCS website.
    -I don't have a Cingular phone to test on cause I'll probably screw something up.

Did any of that make any sence? I'm a little tired
    What about the DUN patch part of the ROM? It shouldn't be necessary since the 1.12 update has DUN enabled.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    What about the DUN patch part of the ROM? It shouldn't be necessary since the 1.12 update has DUN enabled.

You're correct! the DUN patch is not included because it comes with 1.12 already!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I use Versamail. Can I install it after the fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    You would have to put that into the Custom ROM.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Sorry, I'm still kind of new to the cutoms roms. Where would I download that? Or is it in the zip file that Shadowmite released?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thank you. It worked like a charm--and I seem to have 2kb more ram.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Oops, sorry make that 2 MB more ram.
    Is there a custom rom version with everything? Kind of like restore to default 1.12?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Is there a custom rom version with everything? Kind of like restore to default 1.12?
    ShadowMite has the full 1.12 zip file on his site. I took that file and stripped all the "junk" I did not want and put in the 10 apps (Docs to Go, Snapper, PowerRun, Botzam Backup, Takephone, TreoAlarm, LedOff, FileZ, SoftReset, and Universal Wireless Keyboard Driver) in to the Custom ROM. Flashed it and everthing went smooth. I gained 2.5mb back in my RAM.
  13.    #13  
    This will not work for you. You would want ROM #3, which I have not compiled... (yet!)

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Yes! It was not extracted by me, but rather Shadowmite:
    http://www.shadowmite.com/1.12rom.zip
    Last edited by adster; 06/19/2005 at 03:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    ShadowMite has the full 1.12 zip file on his site. I took that file and stripped all the "junk" I did not want and put in the 10 apps (Docs to Go, Snapper, PowerRun, Botzam Backup, Takephone, TreoAlarm, LedOff, FileZ, SoftReset, and Universal Wireless Keyboard Driver) in to the Custom ROM. Flashed it and everthing went smooth. I gained 2.5mb back in my RAM.
    I would love to learn how to do this... Can you pm me with a good beginning point to start my training?

If you have a custom ROM, do you just install it onto your phone? Where can I get instructions on how to install ROMS?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    This will not work for you. You would want ROM #3, which I have not compiled... (yet!)

Well... get on it! Quick question though... will it be the updated version of Versamail that is included in the new update?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    I would love to learn how to do this... Can you pm me with a good beginning point to start my training?

If you have a custom ROM, do you just install it onto your phone? Where can I get instructions on how to install ROMS?

Thanks!
    There is a PDF file on this site that I downloaded and read through to get me started in understanding how to use the T650Tool from Shadowmite to create the custom ROMs. I mostly read from page 6 on in the document.

http://www.palmloyal.com/new/content/view/284/31/

The link to the PDF is near the bottom of the page. Look it over and then if you have questions, I will see if I can answer them.
  17.    #17  
    Well... get on it! Quick question though... will it be the updated version of Versamail that is included in the new update?
    Yes, it will be Versamail 3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    Yes, it will be Versamail 3.1
    Excellent. That is what I am looking for too. I don't need any of the better email programs out there, since I'm not a heavy user. I began to make my own custom ROM, but chickened out. Besides, I have ton of free memory left.
    yes I see shadowmite has that 1.12 in a zip file but it is not already "stripped" & put in the exact places in "rom" & "palm" folders. Where can I get the full version of 1.12 that is "ready to go". Meaning all I have to do is drag over to sd card & install?
    I really want shadowmites custom rom#3 for 1.12, I do not see any updates of 1.12 on shadowmite's site. I don't really know how to make custom roms, I am really hoping he updates all the roms he has currently.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast