Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Much thanks to a fuzzy fruit (not that kind of fruit).

Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    Here you go.

ROM

So it's the base ROM missing Versamail, getBC, Downloads, real player or any other sprint crap, but it has the blazer font.

Enjoy.

And the usual disclamer....

Use at your own risk.
    If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches everyday!!

Can someone remind me of the max size of a custom ROM. Been a while and I'm rusty.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches everyday!!

Can someone remind me of the max size of a custom ROM. Been a while and I'm rusty.
    Somewhere around 7mb. The T650 Tool that Shadowmite put together will tell you if your are over the allocated size.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    Here you go.

ROM

So it's the base ROM missing Versamail, getBC, Downloads, real player or any other sprint crap, but it has the blazer font.

Enjoy.

And the usual disclamer....

Use at your own risk.
    Oh excellent, brought my charger to work today so will try this afternoon. I'm glad you put the Blazer font stuff back in....that is originally what started me down the path of Treo dispair...

Out of curiosity, what other languages does the Treo support? If you surf a webpage in a foreign language, the language will appear properly?

Why did you leave the French one in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Oh excellent, brought my charger to work today so will try this afternoon. I'm glad you put the Blazer font stuff back in....that is originally what started me down the path of Treo dispair...

Out of curiosity, what other languages does the Treo support? If you surf a webpage in a foreign language, the language will appear properly?

The language files are not for Blazer, they are for the Default connection database. The other languages are:
    Dutch
    Spanish
    Italian
    Japanese
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Well, what if I go ahead an now Apply the normal 1.12 and then reapply the modified version 3 ROM. Will it then display 1.12? The reason I ask is becausemy signal strength has been crappy lately and I may take it back to the Sprint store and see if they wille exchange it. Normally if they see you applied a hacked ROM, they won't help you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1
    Well, what if I go ahead an now Apply the normal 1.12 and then reapply the modified version 3 ROM. Will it then display 1.12? The reason I ask is becausemy signal strength has been crappy lately and I may take it back to the Sprint store and see if they wille exchange it. Normally if they see you applied a hacked ROM, they won't help you.

Thanks
    If you apply the sprint 1.12 it should change your firmware version to 1.12 and then it will remain with a custom ROM, at least that's exactly my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif

I left the french one in because I speak french. I'm originally from Quebec.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    After running the updater on my T650 I lost my speaker and microphone. Took it to Sprint this morning and 10 minutes later I had a brand spanking new 650. I could hear and speak with the bluetooth but not without.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just to make sure, once I've used Shadowmite's tool, I get a new folder called CustomRom with only two files in it. Do I copy these two files into the original ROM directory? Or do I replace the 16 files with just these two files? Thanks!
    If I understand this correctly, my current software version is 1.08. Do I need to update it to 1.12 before I put a custom 1.12 ROM on or do I just need to put the custom 1.12 ROM and that's it?

If the custom ROM like the one peaches did, we don't need to do anything else except follow shadowmite's instructions, right?

Sorry for the basic questions but wanted to be sure before I start on this update.
    Before you mess around too much with the custom roms, I would look into a little further. Here is a link to instructions written based on Shadowmites tool.

http://www.palmloyal.com/new/content/view/284/31/

There is a PDF file near the bottom of the page. If you follow those instructions you won't have a problem I read them a few months ago and have been making my own ever since. As soon as Shadowmite released the zipped version of the full 1.12 I was able to take out what I did not want and add the 10 apps that I like to keep in my custom ROM. I have had no problems.
    Hi JohnH59,

What is your db cache level after a soft reset with your custom rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Hi JohnH59,

What is your db cache level after a soft reset with your custom rom?
    I have attached 4 screenshots that show before and after a reset with DBCacheTool and Memory Info programs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    dont know if its been mentioned but with the new update you can know use wav files as ringers for your favorites (before they could only be assigned to sms and something else cant remember right now anyway)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    *UPDATE*
    ROM #5 has no Versamail, no QuickTour, no Download icon, no Get BC icon and no RealPlayer. Notepad and Voice Memo PRC's have been added. For a better understanding check out Shadowmite's ROM page.
    Just installed #5. Everything went very smooth. Thanks for all the hard work!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I originally ran the modifed ROM, and now my software on the Treo still says 1.03. If I run the Original ROM update from PalmOne and then re-run the modified version 3 ROM, will my software version finally report 1.12?? Do i risk anything by doing this? I have had some problems with recpetion and dropped calls lately and want t otake it back to Sprint. But i'm afraid that if my ROM still says 1.03 they will give me a hard time.
    Thanks !

You should be able to run the 1.12 updater without any problem. I recently ran the update on a friends new phone that still had the 1.03 on it. I created another hotsync account "update" and used that account to do the update. Once finished, on the restore I used her actual hotsync ID. I prefer a backup program, but she did not have one. But, there were no problems in the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1
    I originally ran the modifed ROM, and now my software on the Treo still says 1.03. If I run the Original ROM update from PalmOne and then re-run the modified version 3 ROM, will my software version finally report 1.12?? Do i risk anything by doing this? I have had some problems with recpetion and dropped calls lately and want t otake it back to Sprint. But i'm afraid that if my ROM still says 1.03 they will give me a hard time.
    Thanks !

The only way to get your ROM to show 1.12 is to run the official Sprint one before the custom one of your choice. There's nothing to lose, and it may just fix your dropped call issue.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    hi all
    thanks a ton for all the info.
    2 problems I'm having after doing custom rom #5 update, first of all I cant log on to express network, and secondly when I try to do an update I.E. *228 I get a recording saying "the feature code you entered is not valid" probably one solution for both problems. otherwise my phone is working fine, calls incoming and outgoing on verizon.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast