Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hey adster, Shadowmite and others,

Can we see a custom ROM with nothing (no BC, no Quicktour, no Real, etc.) but only Versamail? I tried going through all the threads and figuring out how to do this but I usually leave this stuff to the professionals.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Hey adster, Shadowmite and others,

Can we see a custom ROM with nothing (no BC, no Quicktour, no Real, etc.) but only Versamail? I tried going through all the threads and figuring out how to do this but I usually leave this stuff to the professionals.
    ROM #3 is what you want, it doesn't have all that Sprint crap (no BC, Quick Tour, no Real) but it does include Versamail 3.1!
    Okay, I have a problem. After the 1.12 update, my Phone Speed Dial Quick Key function no longer works. For example, I have the "r" (number 2) key programmed to speed dial my home number. When I press and hold the "r" key, nothing happens except to dial the number "2" when it should be to dial home.

What does work is when I scroll down in my Phone Favorites pages to highlight my programmed home # page, highlight this, and press the center wheel button to place the call.

This is a minor nuisance, but it was sure convenient to simply press and hold a single key to automatically speed dial a number. Now I can't seem to do this any longer.

Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Did the custom rom #3 update last night. All worked well except that Xlauncher kept resetting my phone. Managed to delete it and reinstall it and now all is working fine. Thanks for your time on this adster.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    ROM #3 is what you want, it doesn't have all that Sprint crap (no BC, Quick Tour, no Real) but it does include Versamail 3.1!
    Oops sorry Adster, I was hoping to kill even Voice Memo and Notepad too.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    2000 Man can you email me the notepad from the lifedrive? I'd really appreciate it.

jeg815@mac.com
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=85134
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    No biggie since it will be about 7 hours until a Sprint store opens...
    Just to bring closure to my learning experience.

Got a phone which is a newer one with 1.08 on it. "P" key feels great, and the batter cover isn't squeeky!

Did the Sprint 1.12 upgrade and then added voice memo and note pad separately from a link in this thread to another thread.

Then honestly looked at the programs on the phone and moved the ones that I rarely use to SD using zlauncher and have 10 MB free, so for now I'm not going to use a custom rom. However if there is a super stripped down version of 1.12 (no realplayer, no sprint crap, no versa mail, no note pad, no voice memo, etc) then I might put that one on.

Thanks again various forum people for info and help. Remember the old days, before the internet and boards, where we all struggled individually to solve the SAME problem and were at the mercy of corporations/manufacturers for any tidbit of information?
    It's incredibly easy to make your own ROM. It honestly takes about five minutes to remove the unnecessary files since they are all CLEARLY marked in the master file list on Shadowmite's site.
    I tried to play around with ROM 3 and something seems to be wrong with it. Or at least it's not working for me. I had to go back to using my own stuff.

It looks like after you unzip the acepalmos.zip file using Shadowmite's tool, when you select all the file using the select button it moves over what looks like is the correct thing, but it not. It's just a tag. When I go to build it just creates an empty acepalmos.zip file.

Has anyone had that trouble?

As I said, I used what I worked on, but might is not as slick as Shadowmites, or yours.

Did you double check this file to see if it complies correctly.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I got it to work. Looks like if you have the file to far down in the directory system it messes it up. I moved it closer to the c:\ level and it worked.

But alias, I thought I'd get to put more into yours but I got about the same. Shuks.

I wanted to cram everything in there.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Okay, I have a problem. After the 1.12 update, my Phone Speed Dial Quick Key function no longer works. For example, I have the "r" (number 2) key programmed to speed dial my home number. When I press and hold the "r" key, nothing happens except to dial the number "2" when it should be to dial home.

What does work is when I scroll down in my Phone Favorites pages to highlight my programmed home # page, highlight this, and press the center wheel button to place the call.

This is a minor nuisance, but it was sure convenient to simply press and hold a single key to automatically speed dial a number. Now I can't seem to do this any longer.

Anyone else experience this?
    I checked all my Quick Keys and they all seem to be as they were before I did the update and created my Cutom ROM. I always use a backup program to do a restore. This time I used BackupBuddy. I don't know how you did your restore after updating, but sometimes if you rely on the hotsync to restore I have found there are several settings, registration, etc. that don't get restored properly.
    Just to bring closure to my learning experience.

Got a phone which is a newer one with 1.08 on it. "P" key feels great, and the batter cover isn't squeeky!

Did the Sprint 1.12 upgrade and then added voice memo and note pad separately from a link in this thread to another thread.

Then honestly looked at the programs on the phone and moved the ones that I rarely use to SD using zlauncher and have 10 MB free, so for now I'm not going to use a custom rom. However if there is a super stripped down version of 1.12 (no realplayer, no sprint crap, no versa mail, no note pad, no voice memo, etc) then I might put that one on.

Thanks again various forum people for info and help. Remember the old days, before the internet and boards, where we all struggled individually to solve the SAME problem and were at the mercy of corporations/manufacturers for any tidbit of information?
    I made that and posted it a few pages ago. Here's the LINK
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Just got up and running with #3. Works great!

Thank you adster!
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    I made that and posted it a few pages ago. Here's the LINK
    O.K.... I didn't bring my phone charger into work. I might give it a try next week. First use the current one for about a week to make sure everything works and I like the various settings.

Justy to confirm this is the new 1.12 with nothing

no realplayer
    no sprint crap
    no versamail
    no notepad
    no voicememo
    O.K.... I didn't bring my phone charger into work. I might give it a try next week. First use the current one for about a week to make sure everything works and I like the various settings.

Justy to confirm this is the new 1.12 with nothing

no realplayer
    no sprint crap
    no versamail
    no notepad
    no voicememo
    Yep, exactly. 2 things you should know. I did remove the file that changes the font sizes in Blazer. It's not an issue for me because the default font size is fine and also I removed all languages other than english and french.

Other than that, it's exactly what you stated you wanted. Been using it for 3 days now, not a single problem or reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    Yep, exactly. 2 things you should know. I did remove the file that changes the font sizes in Blazer. It's not an issue for me because the default font size is fine and also I removed all languages other than english and french.

Other than that, it's exactly what you stated you wanted. Been using it for 3 days now, not a single problem or reset.
    Hey Peaches,

Can you make one with the Blazer fonts in it? I think it is the perfect one I need. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Hey Peaches,

Can you make one with the Blazer fonts in it? I think it is the perfect one I need. Cheers.
    Sure, just gimme a few mins.
    Here you go.

ROM

So it's the base ROM missing Versamail, getBC, Downloads, real player or any other sprint crap, but it has the blazer font.

Enjoy.

And the usual disclamer....

Use at your own risk.
    Peaches come from a can,
    they were put there by a man
    In a factory downtown...

Dunno why, but I get the urge to say that everytime I see your name...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Peaches come from a can,
    they were put there by a man
    In a factory downtown...

Dunno why, but I get the urge to say that everytime I see your name...
    It's cause peaches are awesome.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast