Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 158
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Thats my point Atif. I had already done the update from 1.08 to 1.12, but by following the instructions (to install the custom ROM), it would seem that I am doing the 1.12 update all over again.

    Now, prior to doing this, I had 13.1MB free on my 650, after the CR install, I only have 11.8MB. I dont understand what was gained when the ROM is used to remove. How could I have lost MB's?
    The Shadowmite instructions are for installing the custom roms if you currently have the OLD firmware. Hence the instructions say to first install the Palm updated firmware.

    If you have ALREADY done that then you can skip that part of the instructions.

    Sorta like in grade school when you are handed a test and the first thing you do is write your name on the top and then read the instructions for the test and the first step says "Write your name at the top"

    Well you don't HAVE to write you name again, or erase your name and then rewrite it just to comply with the instructions. HOWEVER if you wrote you name in the left corner and the instructions say "write you name at top right of the page" well then you do have to re-write you name.

    Sorry if I'm being silly...it is getting late...
  2. #42  
    Well I just made a custom rom. It's closest to number 5. I took out quick tour, get bc, downloads, real player and versamail but added nothing else. I'm in the middle of doing the update, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. If it's all good, I'll post it on my site for people to download if they want it.

    *edit* I also took out some of the language files. I only left english and french.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
  3. #43  
    Atif, I understand your analogy; although writing my name on a test paper and flashing my 650 ROM, which one is easier to correct is something goes wrong? And which one is cheaper?
    Besides, I doubt that I am the only one who may have questioned the instructions. As I stated already, this was my first time doing this; so forgive me for having a question or two.
    I'm sure that the veteran flashers would have overlooked this step.....Now, I better if/when I do it again.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Atif, I understand your analogy; although writing my name on a test paper and flashing my 650 ROM, which one is easier to correct is something goes wrong? And which one is cheaper?
    Besides, I doubt that I am the only one who may have questioned the instructions. As I stated already, this was my first time doing this; so forgive me for having a question or two.
    I'm sure that the veteran flashers would have overlooked this step.....Now, I better if/when I do it again.
    Yeah sorry if I sounded harsh...I'm getting tired and frustrated. For some reason I can't set the font size in blazer anymore.

    I have been thinking about your post and one thing does bother me. If you did the 1.12 palm upgrade, and then did it AGAIN as part of the custom rom upgrade, there shouldn't have been a memory difference, or at least not a significant one, if you didn't do much between the first flash and the second flash of the original 1.12
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Yeah sorry if I sounded harsh...I'm getting tired and frustrated. For some reason I can't set the font size in blazer anymore.

    I have been thinking about your post and one thing does bother me. If you did the 1.12 palm upgrade, and then did it AGAIN as part of the custom rom upgrade, there shouldn't have been a memory difference, or at least not a significant one, if you didn't do much between the first flash and the second flash of the original 1.12
    Your harshness has been forgiven.

    In step #7 of Shadow's instructions, it says; 7) The process will take awhile, when done it will say sucess and the phone may turn off. Turn it on and press the home key once.
    Mine did not say success, yet the phone did cut off. I am still baffled as to how I lost instead of gaining MB but I am too tired right now to sit here and figure it out.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Yeah sorry if I sounded harsh...I'm getting tired and frustrated. For some reason I can't set the font size in blazer anymore.

    I have been thinking about your post and one thing does bother me. If you did the 1.12 palm upgrade, and then did it AGAIN as part of the custom rom upgrade, there shouldn't have been a memory difference, or at least not a significant one, if you didn't do much between the first flash and the second flash of the original 1.12
    if you can't change the fonts in Blazer and you did a custom rom, there are three files, I think, that Shadow has marked green that work in both Versamail and Blazer that control fonts. You might want to look at those. i left them in mine because I saw they control fonts.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Your harshness has been forgiven.

    In step #7 of Shadow's instructions, it says; 7) The process will take awhile, when done it will say sucess and the phone may turn off. Turn it on and press the home key once.
    Mine did not say success, yet the phone did cut off. I am still baffled as to how I lost instead of gaining MB but I am too tired right now to sit here and figure it out.
    I don't think mine said "success" either, or if it did the screen went blank before I read it. However when you pressed the red key to bring the screen up, did the rest of the process go o.k.?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    if you can't change the fonts in Blazer and you did a custom rom, there are three files, I think, that Shadow has marked green that work in both Versamail and Blazer that control fonts. You might want to look at those. i left them in mine because I saw they control fonts.
    but I used a custom rom, the one given in this thread no less...*sigh*

    do you know which files they are? or even how I would find them and put them on my phone?
  9. howiej1's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #49  
    I went ahead and grabbed the modified version3 Shadowmite ROM from here, and although the process completed just fine, my software still says 1.03 instead of 1.12. I originally applied the moified ver 3 from Shadowmite for the 1.8 update. Anyone else seen this behavior?
  10. #50  
    Ok, well I did it and it worked flawlessly. WOOT! Hope someone else can put some use to it, just don't forget to let me know how it went.

    ROM

    Use at your own risk and please read the .txt file for ROM and instruction information.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    but I used a custom rom, the one given in this thread no less...*sigh*

    do you know which files they are? or even how I would find them and put them on my phone?
    They are:
    PalmSGHiResFonts.pdb
    PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc
    PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc

    If you go to Shadowmite.com and look at the Custom ROM Section for 1.12 in the forum you should find the complete zip file for the new 1.12. Extract those files and add them to your custom ROM and you should be back in good shape.

    Go here for the entire 1.12 zip file that contains all files in the new update.

    www.shadowmite.com/1.12rom.zip

    This is the file that I started with and then deleted all the files that ShadowMite said was okay to deleted and then added my ten apps that I like to keep in my ROM. I gain 2.6mb in the process.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 06/20/2005 at 12:19 AM.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1
    I went ahead and grabbed the modified version3 Shadowmite ROM from here, and although the process completed just fine, my software still says 1.03 instead of 1.12. I originally applied the moified ver 3 from Shadowmite for the 1.8 update. Anyone else seen this behavior?
    It won't say 1.12 unless you first do the original Palm 1.12 update BEFORE doing a custom ROM.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1
    I went ahead and grabbed the modified version3 Shadowmite ROM from here, and although the process completed just fine, my software still says 1.03 instead of 1.12. I originally applied the moified ver 3 from Shadowmite for the 1.8 update. Anyone else seen this behavior?
    For some reason just doing the custom rom doesn't change the software number. The only way to get it to show is to update it with the official one first.

    *edit*Ahh! You beat me to it!!
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
  14. #54  
    O.K. now I'm thinking that the verson of the ROM on this thread without Versamail also stripped out the font control in Blazer....so now I'm going to try to compare files in ROMs w/ and w/o versamail to see what might be up, but since I don't really know what I'm looking for, this could be futile.

    -----
    Oh wait I do see a reply with the files, THANK YOU....
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    O.K. now I'm thinking that the verson of the ROM on this thread without Versamail also stripped out the font control in Blazer....so now I'm going to try to compare files in ROMs w/ and w/o versamail to see what might be up, but since I don't really know what I'm looking for, this could be futile.
    Look at my edited post above.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    O.K. now I'm thinking that the verson of the ROM on this thread without Versamail also stripped out the font control in Blazer....so now I'm going to try to compare files in ROMs w/ and w/o versamail to see what might be up, but since I don't really know what I'm looking for, this could be futile.

    -----
    Oh wait I do see a reply with the files, THANK YOU....
    Check out the post after mine in this thread it may be your answer instead of missing files.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...692#post714692
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    They are:
    PalmSGHiResFonts.pdb
    PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc
    PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc
    CRAP! Just looked at the ROM 5 that I downloaded from this thread and sure enough those are missing! D'oh!

    I'm going to re-download it and check again.

    SO um...to put those files back in can I just like copy the files over? I do have zlauncher...

    (PLEASE say I don't have to redo the whole rom update...I'll just cry)
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    CRAP! Just looked at the ROM 5 that I downloaded from this thread and sure enough those are missing! D'oh!

    I'm going to re-download it and check again.

    SO um...to put those files back in can I just like copy the files over? I do have zlauncher...

    (PLEASE say I don't have to redo the whole rom update...I'll just cry)
    Have you ever used the T650Tool on Shadowmites site. That is the easiest way to add files to a Custom ROM. It works like a charm. That is the tool I use to add my own files to my Custom ROM.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Have you ever used the T650Tool on Shadowmites site. That is the easiest way to add files to a Custom ROM. It works like a charm. That is the tool I use to add my own files to my Custom ROM.
    No I've never used T650Tool...will that let me add the files without doing the entire ROM update again?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    CRAP! Just looked at the ROM 5 that I downloaded from this thread and sure enough those are missing! D'oh!

    I'm going to re-download it and check again.

    SO um...to put those files back in can I just like copy the files over? I do have zlauncher...

    (PLEASE say I don't have to redo the whole rom update...I'll just cry)
    O.K. Yeah there is a problem

    ***ROM 5 - the one without Versmail - on this thread is MISSING files that allow you to set font size in BLAZER***

    Guess I should PM the thread starter so he can fix it....
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions