Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 158
  1.    #21  
    BOOYA~

    Custom ROM #3 and ROM #1 (unmodified ROM) now uploaded!
  2. #22  
    does rom 3 include realplayer? I really don't want realplayer. Shadowmite's site has 2 versions of rom 3, one with real, and one without. The one you have downloaded on this page does it include real? Thanx.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    does rom 3 include realplayer? I really don't want realplayer. Shadowmite's site has 2 versions of rom 3, one with real, and one without. The one you have downloaded on this page does it include real? Thanx.
    No RealPlayer!
  4. #24  
    Yes!!!! Great Job!!!!!
  5. #25  
    Where i dont see it?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooknu2
    Where i dont see it?
    Um, can you be more specific?
  7. #27  
    I just flashed my treo using rom 3, it worked flawlessly and got rid of all those apps I did not want. Thanks again for posting these.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yes I see shadowmite has that 1.12 in a zip file but it is not already "stripped" & put in the exact places in "rom" & "palm" folders. Where can I get the full version of 1.12 that is "ready to go". Meaning all I have to do is drag over to sd card & install?
    All you would need to do is to take the two apps, CDMAFirmwareUpdater and ROMUpdater and place them in a Launcher folder inside the Palm folder. The rest of the files will go into a folder named ROM. When you put the SD card in the Treo you will see the two apps. I only needed to run the ROMUpdater app to install my custom ROM since I had already updated to 1.12. I could email it to you if you would like, but I think it is about 8mb.
  9. #29  
    It really wsnt that hard, I tried to make my own Rom an it worked.
    I even added A few other programs to my rom..
  10. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #30  
    THis is great - will download later today and post results.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  11. #31  
    Followed your instructions, click on "FREE" and get this, You have requested the file rom3-1.12.zip (8178951 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 6 times already. Too many users downloading right now. Please try again later or get a PREMIUM-Account

    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    Download:
    I have a decent amount of web hosting space, but I have no idea how much this will be downloaded, so I've decided to host this file on RapidShare. Once you click the link, scroll to the bottom and click "Free". This will download the file. Ready? Then here ya go:

    ROM #5:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2487861/rom5-1.12.zip.html

    ROM #3:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2492604/rom3-1.12.zip.html

    ROM #1:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2492720/rom1-1.12.zip.html
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yes I see shadowmite has that 1.12 in a zip file but it is not already "stripped" & put in the exact places in "rom" & "palm" folders. Where can I get the full version of 1.12 that is "ready to go". Meaning all I have to do is drag over to sd card & install?
    Yeah this confused me at first too. At the bottom of the first post is a link to a server with the ROMs in the nice "Palm" and "ROM" folders. Since you posted they added other custom ROM with links so it is a little more obvious that you have to click on those links to get the ROMs that are "pre-packaged" for us!

    This board ROCKS!
  13. #33  
    I just now started my download...took about 60 seconds to start (31 people waiting ahead of me) and is transferring at approx 70k/s.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Followed your instructions, click on "FREE" and get this, You have requested the file rom3-1.12.zip (8178951 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 6 times already. Too many users downloading right now. Please try again later or get a PREMIUM-Account
  14. #34  
    It's also very easy to make your own custom ROMs. There's a master list of files on shadowmite's site that shows you which files to remove for which programs. You then add any of your own programs and load it up. The ROM tool that's on his site is awesome.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora
    I just now started my download...took about 60 seconds to start (31 people waiting ahead of me) and is transferring at approx 70k/s.
    I was finally able to download it; but all mine showed was that 6 people had already downloaded it; not how many were waiting.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  16. spotter's Avatar
    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    #36  
    it worked pretty well, but compared to shadowmite's previous roms I noticed a few things.

    1) there seemed to be different sets of files (especially more _SPCS type ones)

    2) small things, like the phone app hack so tha we can see how long our calls were in the log are missing.

    on the other hand, it seems to actually be smaller than the previous #5 as I was able to fit more stuff into the rom (and in fact had 70K left over that i didnt know what to do with!)
  17. #37  
    According to Shadow's instructions, 5) When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the "Card" applications menu. 6) Tap the CDMAFirmware app. It will have one button, be sure to plug in and press it.

    So my question is this, If the device has already been updated to 1.12, why is it necessary to perform step #6? I am sitting here re-doing another update that I dont need?

    This is the first time I've attempted to install a custom ROM on my 650 and I'm a little bummed that there wasnt something included that says if you've already done the update, skip step 6. If it was included, I dont see it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    According to Shadow's instructions, 5) When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the "Card" applications menu. 6) Tap the CDMAFirmware app. It will have one button, be sure to plug in and press it.

    So my question is this, If the device has already been updated to 1.12, why is it necessary to perform step #6? I am sitting here re-doing another update that I dont need?

    This is the first time I've attempted to install a custom ROM on my 650 and I'm a little bummed that there wasnt something included that says if you've already done the update, skip step 6. If it was included, I dont see it.
    The shadowmite custom ROMs are basically alternative versions of the firmware. The updated Palm 1.12 firmware has all the nice fixes, but sticks a bunch of stuff into ROM that you might not want (basically all the Sprint mandated stuff: quick tour, versamail, realplayer etc). By using the custom firmware and ROM you get the fixes MINUS stuff you might not want (like Realplayer) that take up valuable memory.

    You do not HAVE to do the Palm 1.12 palm firmware update. If you have 1.08 you can just install the custom firmware-ROM. (I did this when I went from 1.03 to the custom 1.08)

    HOWEVER if you do not first do the Palm 1.12 update and then the custom 1.12 update, when you look at "Phone Info" using Options from the phone screen, it will list 1.08 (or whatever you last Palm firmware version is).

    Someone else could probaby explain it better than I can, but they might not still be up this late at night
  19. #39  
    Hey adster,

    Can you make a custom ROM with just the bare apps? (I was going to use #5 but I use #4 from 1.08). I don't use Voice Memo and Notepad. Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    .....HOWEVER if you do not first do the Palm 1.12 update and then the custom 1.12 update, when you look at "Phone Info" using Options from the phone screen, it will list 1.08 (or whatever you last Palm firmware version is).

    Someone else could probaby explain it better than I can, but they might not still be up this late at night
    Thats my point Atif. I had already done the update from 1.08 to 1.12, but by following the instructions (to install the custom ROM), it would seem that I am doing the 1.12 update all over again.

    Now, prior to doing this, I had 13.1MB free on my 650, after the CR install, I only have 11.8MB. I dont understand what was gained when the ROM is used to remove. How could I have lost MB's?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions