1.    #1  
    So we all got the new Firmware update for Sprint, But I have come across a bug while using Bluetooth headset.

While using the Bluetooth headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-662) on call waiting. when you get a second line, you cannot answer the second line from the headset, it'll hang up on both lines, with the previous 1.08 I was able to answer the second line using the button on the headset, anyone else experience this?
    Since I upgraded to the 1.12 firmware I can not get my Treo 650 to send calls to my Sony HBH-662 incoming, or outgoing ?? It is paired and it shows the correct device under the trusted devices, but it will not work ?? It was working great before the upgrade So how does one go back to a previous firmware ?

Jeff
    Since the upgrade, whenever I answer the phone using the button on the headset (HB 660) I get what sounds like a loud whistle before the connection is actually made.
    I've had to resort to not having it on my ear when I want to answer because the high pitch is killing me.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I get what sounds like a loud whistle before the connection is actually made.
    I've noticed this occasionally on my Treo Wireless Headset as well. It doesn't happen on every call... maybe 1 out of 3 or so. Also, the redial feature on the TWH now seems to work under 1.12, however, the same whistle is present on every call until connected.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Is there a way to use the old bluetooth from 1.08 with the new 1.12 firmware ? I would think there is a way to do this?? Anyone ???

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbsd
    It is paired and it shows the correct device under the trusted devices, but it will not work ??
    Did you re-pair it AFTER the update, or did it remain as a trusted device? Have you tried deleting it and re-pairing to see if that helps?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Did you re-pair it AFTER the update, or did it remain as a trusted device? Have you tried deleting it and re-pairing to see if that helps?
    Yes I have deleted it and repaired it and I even did the upgrade again just to make sure, and it still does not work Can someone please tell me how to find the 1.08 firmware for Sprint, as I need to downgrade it and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Jeff
    go to www.shadowmite.com for the old firmware.
    Ditto. Only every few calls... I have my ringer volume down so it doesnt nnoy me as much.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I've noticed this occasionally on my Treo Wireless Headset as well. It doesn't happen on every call... maybe 1 out of 3 or so. Also, the redial feature on the TWH now seems to work under 1.12, however, the same whistle is present on every call until connected.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    After SprintPCS 1.12 update, my entire list of trusted devices was wiped clean. I had to repair headset, PC, PPC, and Bt CF card. Since then, the connection to the headset (a P1 Jabra 250) has been very quirky. I don't have the whistle (at least not yet), but call transfer via auto-link has connected on some instances and not on others. 1.08 was a sure, definite connection every time.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    After loading the Sprint 1.12 update, I no longer can get my HBH 660 headset to pair with the Treo. I had no problems before. I have tried several soft resets and an hour of attempts of repairing....

Does anyone of any ideas how to fix this???

Thanks.
    Have you gone into the Bluetooth setup and pressed the + and - buttons until the headset goes into pairing mode? When I upgraded mine, I forgot I needed to do that.
    I'm too busy this weekend to try to fix this myself, but anyone who's a little brave, can the following procedure to try to get the call waiting funcitonality back. Be warned that you backup everything before trying this out.
    Start by downloading the old carkit patch from shadowmite's site.
    Then install the seven files 1 at a time in the order I've listed below. Do not use hotsync to install them. Use FileZ, VersaMail, or bluetooth. After each file is installed, reset the phone. Then try out call waiting (I test CW by calling my voicemail, then calling myself from my landline). You also may need to re-pair the headset each time.

BtHsmLib.prc
    BtExgLibDB.pdb
    BtDeviceLibrary.prc
    BtStack.prc
    BtHandsfree Panel.prc
    BtHandsfree Panel_enUS.prc

I don't know what this will do, but it's what I would try if I had a little more time. If you get CW back, try out DUN and OBEX just to be sure you don't lose those to gain CW.

All these files are overlays, so you should be able to delete them with FileZ and not lose anything.

Conrad
    Last edited by Conrad; 07/05/2005 at 01:34 AM.
    It worked before the upgrade and I can see the Scala from my laptop. I guess I will use wired for a while.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Have you gone into the Bluetooth setup and pressed the + and - buttons until the headset goes into pairing mode? When I upgraded mine, I forgot I needed to do that.
    Thanks Mark.

Holding the + and - worked! I didn't see this in the instructions so I also forgot to do it!
    You saved me many more hours of frustration.

I really appreciate your fast response!
    JC