1.    #1  
    When I dial from speed dial the dialing screen shows up quickly, but it still takes a long time before I actually get a ring tone.

I measured it: avg 8 seconds from pushing a speed dial, avg 2.5 seconds from pushing the send button after manual dialing. (5 calls each, over several hours)

Anyone else want to check this out on their phone?
    I sat here and pushed the speed dial for my home number and the home phone began ringing between 5 and six seconds from the time I pushed the button. I did it 6 times as a test. That's pretty good.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Sprint didn't really fix the problem, because it exists on all sprint phones. What they fixed is how quickly the "call connecting" screen shows before the call is actually connected. I discussed this back in November of last year in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64499
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Prior to the update, I tried the exact same test and it was taking between 10 and 12 seconds for my home phone to ring when I pressed my speed dial button for home. Now it is between 5 and 6 seconds. For mine, they must have fixed something.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Prior to the update, I tried the exact same test and it was taking between 10 and 12 seconds for my home phone to ring when I pressed my speed dial button for home. Now it is between 5 and 6 seconds. For mine, they must have fixed something.
    Thanks for the data. I'm curious if you dial your home number manually, does it ring a lot more quickly than from speed dial?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My problem was never with the number of seconds before the phone rang. My problem was that the phone didn't acknowledge that you had dialed a number, so it tempted you to hit dial again. The key to good user interface in a phone is immediate feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    Thanks for the data. I'm curious if you dial your home number manually, does it ring a lot more quickly than from speed dial?
    Direct dial from keypad takes the same amount of time, between 5 and 6 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Direct dial from keypad takes the same amount of time, between 5 and 6 seconds.
    I got the same thing. 5-6 seconds to dial from speed dials and from the dialpad. It's certainly faster now and the dialing screen comes up instantly instead of looking at the black white screen for a couple of seconds.