Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    An odd request I know but I'm looking for an app that will do a soft reset or at least open an application (mreset) at a specific time. I've tried Crony but it doesn't reliably work and seems to not have fully been converted to work with a T650. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I use the combination of LookAtMe and mReset for that.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Bill! I think this will solve my problem.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #4  
    BackUpMan 1.53 should do the trick.
  5. #5  
    I also use LookAtMe and mReset together to do a scheduled reset at a little after 11p.m. and again at 4a.m. These resets are done in conjunction with automagical/scheduled backups done during the night. Ben
  6. #6  
    Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of a scheduled soft reset?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of a scheduled soft reset?
    Most folks find that they get a better quality backup to the card if, before the backup starts:
    1.The Treo's radio is turned off
    2. A soft reset is performed

    My BBVFS is scheduled to perform a backup each morning at 1 am. So I use TreoHelper to turn off the phone at 12:50 (and back on @ 5 am) and my LookAtMe/mReset combo to perform a soft reset @ 12:55.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 06/20/2005 at 10:39 AM.
  8. #8  
    Great idea, unfortunatly I keep odd hours and can be on the phone at anytime of the day... even 1AM
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Great idea, unfortunatly I keep odd hours and can be on the phone at anytime of the day... even 1AM
    Well, you've got to sleep sometime...the point is, you can perform all of this maintenance while you sleep - whatever time of day that might be.
  10. #10  
    It is a great idea, now I wish there was a regular time that I sleep. Last night I was up to 3AM doing some work and up at 7AM if I do not travel today I might sleep anytime from 11PM to 3-4 AM.

    I keep strange hours, it drives my wife nuts, once the next kid arrives in Sept it will be even more blurred... literally lol.

    I am going to download this app I love the possiblities.
  11.    #11  
    Yep, just like Bill said....I do it for backups. A friend of mine does it as for some reason (due to the mix of 3rd party apps he has going) every morning he wakes up to a working but very sluggish Treo and it takes a soft reset to get out of its funk so he just automates it so he can wake up to a full speed phone.
  12. #12  
    I see -- that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info!
  13. #13  
    How do you ensure that your phone turns the radio back on after reset?
  14.    #14  
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Yep, just like Bill said....I do it for backups. A friend of mine does it as for some reason (due to the mix of 3rd party apps he has going) every morning he wakes up to a working but very sluggish Treo and it takes a soft reset to get out of its funk so he just automates it so he can wake up to a full speed phone.
    Yeah, this is the same reason why I schedule my resets in the morning before I wake up. BackupMan makes my 650 sluggish everytime it completes a back-up. The sluggish is very noticeable when watching videos via TCPMP.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    How do you ensure that your phone turns the radio back on after reset?
    TreoHelper - it's free.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 06/20/2005 at 10:03 PM.
  17. hlevin's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    An odd request I know but I'm looking for an app that will do a soft reset or at least open an application (mreset) at a specific time. I've tried Crony but it doesn't reliably work and seems to not have fully been converted to work with a T650. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Why, just try downloading e-mail with VersaMail!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Yep, just like Bill said....I do it for backups. A friend of mine does it as for some reason (due to the mix of 3rd party apps he has going) every morning he wakes up to a working but very sluggish Treo and it takes a soft reset to get out of its funk so he just automates it so he can wake up to a full speed phone.
    Sounds like he should weed out the broken program(s) he's running. I used to see this sometimes with the older version of TreoAlarm but it's been fixed for some time. If an Alarm was on the screen and TreoAlarm went off, it'd slow down to a crawl.

    If he's using BrightCam definately disable that, I've heard nothing but problems out of it.

    Sounds to me like he's really working around a problem he could fix. I don't fall into the "must reboot often" mentality either, so maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is really silly.

Posting Permissions