1.    #1  
    Recently a new disturbing problem has cropped up. When I make a call on my 650 (Verizon), I cannot hear a thing, and the "turn speakerphone on" button disappears from the display. The only way I can have a phone conversation is to use the Bluetooth headset. Even if I turn Bluetooth off and have the headset nowhere near the phone, the phone is still silent and won't display the speakerphone button during a connected call (it shows up briefly just as the call is being dialed, but then vanishes as soon as the call begins, and there's a white space in between "hang up all" and "hold").
    What gives???
    Last edited by rexdwilson; 06/19/2005 at 08:33 AM.
    See this post....Phone speaker not working after Sprint 1.12 upgrade. I had this problem yesterday, and finally solved it. Though I'm on a different carrier, the problem is the same.

You need to get your phone replaced. I'm going to the Sprint store in about 15 minutes to get them to order a new one for me.

TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Having that speakerphone button disappear seems to indicate that the treo thinks you have something plugged into the audiojack?

Is this an issue where the audiojack is faulty?
    Last edited by t2gungho; 06/19/2005 at 07:02 PM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Does doing a soft reset clear the problem?
  5.    #5  
    not even a hard reset solves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Having that speakerphone button disappear seems to indicate that the treo thinks you have something plugged into the audiojack?

Is this an issue where the audiojack is faulty?
    That's it, exactly. The audio jack IS faulty. Read the post I referred to above. It's the exact same problem. There is some kind of switch in the headphone jack that gets screwed up. Up until the new Spring firmware upgrade, my PHONE worked fine with the broken switch, but no system sounds or MP3s would play through the external speaker. The new firmware upgrade (I'm betting that Verizon phones already have this patch) changed the way the phone reacted to that switch, and now the phone doesn't work.

My Treo came with a mono headset. If yours did too, plug it in, and I bet your phone works through that headset as well as the bluetooth headset.
    Last edited by TriangleRocks; 06/19/2005 at 10:15 PM.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    My new favorite tool for my Treo is a paperclip. Anytime I lose external speaker sound or now when I lose functionality of the phone speaker and the speakerphone button I pull out my paperclip. I take the paperclip and jam it up the external jack on the bottom of the Treo. Just like magic my phone works fine again for a couple days.