1.    #1  
    Yesterday morning, I used my phone and put it in the holster. I went to use it 15 minutes later and I had a gold leaf object in the lower right of the screen and it was solid blue to the left of that. The touch pad was still operational in that area.

I went to Verizon and they gave me a number to call. After about 15 calls around to different numbers, I now have a replacement (re-furbished) unit on the way.

I have 2 questions:

1) Should I have called Palm for warranty vice Verizon to just get a refurbished unit?

2) And most importantly... How can I get all of my favorites etc transferred to the replacement unit when it arrives?

Thanks for any help...
    Mike
    1. No. P1 would have told you to call VZW so you did the right thing

2. hotsync your old device. when the refurb shows you should probably hard reset it to wipe anything off the refurb that might have been left over. Then hotsync the new with with your old hotsync username and presto!

Or if you have an SD card and a backup program that's another good route.

good luck
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Same thing just happened to me. I called Sprint, (I have insurance),paid the 50 dollar deductible and I will have my phone in a day from now.
  4.    #4  
    How do I hard reset? I only know of using the small stylus thingy to insert into the reset hole. I know that does not wipe things off, as I have done that a couple of times when I locked up.

Also will a hot sync also back up my favorites? I know it does the phonebook, but what all else does it do?

Thanks for all the heads up...

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbeamer
    How do I hard reset? I only know of using the small stylus thingy to insert into the reset hole. I know that does not wipe things off, as I have done that a couple of times when I locked up.

Also will a hot sync also back up my favorites? I know it does the phonebook, but what all else does it do?

Thanks for all the heads up...

Mike
    Get "Syncall" this forces all data to be hotsync to your computer.
    All Data - apps, contacts, and even pref's will be backed up and saved.

Hard Reset - Insert stylus to the resest hole and hold the wireless radio on/off bottn down until you see something on the screen.