1.    #1  
    I finally ordered my Verizon Treo 650 and still am unsure how to, simply as possible, take the Datebook, Contacts, Memos & To Do List from the Clie' and put it into the Treo without getting error mesages that the Treo can't support the Clie' applications and without overloading the memory of the Treo.

I am not familiar with a lot of computer functions or procedures, so if you can be as expicit as possible, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Can you beam data from the Clie to the Treo? I see it as an option on the Treo...
    Do a clean install of a new device and copy over the files you need. All the recommendations here are not to try to sync the same software from another palm device to the treo. If you do a search on Clie (i used to have one also) I believe you will find there are some Clie aps that can work on the Treo. Other than that copy over the files you need manually.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your ideas. Could you tell me how to copy over the files manually?

Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your ideas. Can you tell me how to copy the files manually?

Thanks.

PS; enjoyed looking at your pictures.
    I beamed records from my old TG50 to the Treo. Worked great.

Tom
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    My wife had a Clie when we got her a 600 back in December. Just Hotsynced to the same user as the Clie and Uninstalled the extra Apps, never had any issue with anything.

I took her Clie and reset it and synced with my Palm V profile and then added a bunch of stuff. Yesterday I got a 650 and syncd over and the new sync software blocked all the native Clie Apps since they were not optimized for the latest OS version. I have had zero problems.

Worst case, try it out and see what happens. Just create a copy of your old profile someplace outside the plamone folder and if it goes bad do a hard reset and start over again.
    My approach when migrating from my Clie to my Treo was to sync all of my Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, and Memos to Outlook. Then save off the backup folders in the Sony Handheld folder under my Hotsync ID. I also backed up to memory stick too. Then I synced only the Outlook back to the Treo, installed manually any apps that I had on the Clie, then grabbed any databases that I had backed up from either the old Sony Handheld back folder or transferred the MS back over to a folder on my SD card and moved them from there using Zlauncher of Filez.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbogossian
    I finally ordered my Verizon Treo 650 and still am unsure how to, simply as possible, take the Datebook, Contacts, Memos & To Do List from the Clie' and put it into the Treo without getting error mesages that the Treo can't support the Clie' applications and without overloading the memory of the Treo.

I am not familiar with a lot of computer functions or procedures, so if you can be as expicit as possible, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    The way I ALWAYS do this with any new handheld is to sync to get the latest info to my PC, then uninstall the Palm Desktop and all other conduits and FRESHLY install Palm Desktop for the new handheld and all the other conduits one-by-one to avoid conflicts with software or anything.

Just my 2 cents.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just beamed everything from Clie to Treo. Fast and easy.
    FYI, here is the palmone upgrade guide for those coming from non treo palmos devices:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(12926)

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    A long time ago when I went from Clie to Treo 600, all I did was export the entire data file from each standard application (Calendar, contacts, memos, to-dos) and then imported it into the Treo 600. Simple procedure, very clean, and only the data gets moved.

Keep the Clie around until you are sure everything has been imported correctly, just in case you lose data somewhere along the way-- the Clie will still have it.