Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey dudes

just wanted to throw a shout-out to Sprint!

I haven't even done the 1.12 upgrade yet, but since the 1.08 upgrade, I have been deeply happy with Sprint

PROS -

1. PRICE --- the price is terrific - $10 a month for unlimited internet - the roaming costs ($10 a month) could be less, but you won't roam very often

2. COVERAGE --- Verizon has better coverage, but only by a little --- Sprint's coverage has worked for me everywhere, with the exception of a few dead spots, here and there

3. INTERNET and DUN --- The web is very fast --- and I have been very impressed with DUN speeds off of my laptop - 250 kpbs!!!

4. Bluetooth - No bluetooth crippling here

5. VOICE --- voice quality is great - people can hear me clearly, and I can hear them - its a beautiful world

6. SUPPORT --- I'm really impressed with the updates that Sprint is consistently releasing to improve the quality of the Treo 650 --- it is CLEAR that Sprint caters to Treo users, and I expect this to continue

CONS

not much --- their coverage and voice quality seems to get better everday --- my few frustrations are fading fast

Go with Sprint - you won't regret it
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Opppss, I leave Saturday for 7 week Eurotrip, can't use Sprint Treo in Europe...

Re: Sprint coverage... It could ONLY get better
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/19/2005 at 06:27 AM.
    Pretty interesting that you're getting 250 kbps on a 1xrtt network with a max throughput of 144 kbps...

I've had Sprint for years - Non-Treo, Treo 300, 600, & 650 and always been happy with them.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    If you travel overseas, a Sprint Treo will be useless..
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Opppss, I leave Saturday for 7 week Eurotrip, can't use Sprint Treo in Europe...

Re: Sprint coverage... It could ONLY get better
    CG just have fun using your Treo as a GPS over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    Hey dudes

just wanted to throw a shout-out to Sprint!

I haven't even done the 1.12 upgrade yet, but since the 1.08 upgrade, I have been deeply happy with Sprint

PROS -

1. PRICE --- the price is terrific - $10 a month for unlimited internet - the roaming costs ($10 a month) could be less, but you won't roam very often.
    The $10 unlimited data is a pretty amazing deal. I've been pleased with it and with Sprint, in general.
    I have to disagree about Sprint. I just dumped them after 2.5 years of frustration. One call in 20 does not connect and I have to redial. One call in 50 drops off. The killer though is customer service and tech support. They are horrible. Long waits, they don't seem to care, and EVERY solution ends with "wait 72 hours for the fix to take effect". I am convinced this is just to get the user off the phone. The fixes never work and I am back in queue a week later. With VZW, they answer quickly, escalate immediately if need be, start every call with an apology that I am having a problem, and usually fix the problem on that call. I have had two different VZW tech support guys call me back. That never happened at Sprint. Verizon costs at least 20% more than Sprint, so if cost is the biggest factor, then I choose Sprint. But the better coverage and service was worth the cost to me.
    I'm quite happy with Verizon.
    I am a big sprint fan as well. I believe I have been with them five or six years. Never an issue of bad service etc. I always deal with them at stores never via their call centers though. The data throughput for $10 or $15 a month is amazing. I travel a lot within the US and have rarely been without coverage. The last place I recall not getting coverage was Williams, AZ neat the grand canyon.

I have very little interest in traveling outside the US. If I do again, I'll rent a phone from Sprint.
    Well, in light of this post I swing by a Sprint store, snatch me a flyer, and lo-and behold, VISION IS ONLY $10/MONTH. WTF, Cingular has been raping me, with TWO soap bars for many moons then.
    ----------------
    Ok, HasanDaddy, can you break down how much you pay + the Vision unlimited plan.
    Here's mine:

Cingular Nation GSM (900 Anytime-Rollover, Unlimited M2M, Unlimted N&W, Long dist.)

* 59.99/month

+

Nights and Weekends - 7 to 7 promotion
    *$7

+

Unlimited MediaNET )
    *24.99/month

= 92.00/month!

------------

You know what, fellow T|C'ers...I think I just may buy a Treo 650 on Sprint, with a basic plan, as little minutes as possible, and just use it as a mobile IM/Email device. Leave Vision on all day, 24/7 (it is unlimited, no? )
    and never really make calls with it. So what is the cheapest plan that would allow me to do this on Sprint.

I will be keeping my GSM Treo 600 BTW, and probably just use my Nokia 1100 as my primary phone. Utility over form.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by jackbauer-ctu24; 06/19/2005 at 01:49 PM.
    *jackbauer*

Sorry to hear that man...

I love my plan and the breakdown for my setup is still like a Master Card Commercial!!

--> SPRINT PCS PLAN:
    ANYTIME MIN: 2000
    -
    UNL: N & W
    -
    VISION / DATA: $FREE$ + PCS BUSINESS CONNECTION
    -
    NIGHTS: 7pm - 7am $5.00
    -----------
    25% Discount (BOEING) ---THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHECK ON!!

SUB-TOTAL: = $67.50 (before tax)
    TOTAL +TAX = $72.38
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

CHEERS!!
    -JIM

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer-ctu24
    Well, in light of this post I swing by a Sprint store, snatch me a flyer, and lo-and behold, VISION IS ONLY $10/MONTH. WTF, Cingular has been raping me, with TWO soap bars for many moons then.
    ----------------
    Ok, HasanDaddy, can you break down how much you pay + the Vision unlimited plan.
    Here's mine:

Cingular Nation GSM (900 Anytime-Rollover, Unlimited M2M, Unlimted N&W, Long dist.)

* 59.99/month

+

Nights and Weekends - 7 to 7 promotion
    *$7

+

Unlimited MediaNET )
    *24.99/month

= 92.00/month!

------------

You know what, fellow T|C'ers...I think I just may buy a Treo 650 on Sprint, with a basic plan, as little minutes as possible, and just use it as a mobile IM/Email device. Leave Vision on all day, 24/7 (it is unlimited, no? )
    and never really make calls with it. So what is the cheapest plan that would allow me to do this on Sprint.

I will be keeping my GSM Treo 600 BTW, and probably just use my Nokia 1100 as my primary phone. Utility over form.

Suggestions?
    - Jim
    -------------------------
    TREO 650 - Sandisk 2GB Ultra II SD...
    SPRINT TSR
    Sprint has done right by me.. I couldn't be happier
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    Sprint has done right by me.. I couldn't be happier
    Donric609, please elaborate and if possible could you tell me the lowest plan you've heard of/paid for with a) the lowest possible voice minutes and b) unlimited Vision.

I cannot wait for my unbridled AIM/Email client that's on truly 24/7 on my hip, not just a laptop on WiFi set to "Away"; I'll truly be reachable 24/7.

(perhaps later on it will become bothersome.. )
    I switched from VZW to Sprint after being with VZW since the bag phone days. The main reason for the move was I wanted a 650, didn't want to wait for VZW and didn't want to pay as much for data as I do for cell minutes.

No argument the VZW coverage is better but Sprint works the majority of the time and the $10/mo data is too good to be true. For me, calls go through, and don't drop, at the same rate as VZW. Customer service has been as good as it was with VZW.
    Yeah, let's all compare the grandfathered plans and discount rates from jobs.

If you want to really compare, please compare real numbers. Sprint is $10 a month cheaper on unlimited internet. Whooptie. A friend of mine in this area says "On sprint I've never had a dropped call. Just can't receive or place a call sometimes." Sarcastically, I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Whooptie. Sarcastically, I might add.
    You sound angry, Khaytsus.

Did you get another tie?

Anyway, should I do the Hometown Buffet "Vision" action?
    all you can eat psuedo-3G speeds/access sounds good to me.
    Can't wait for videoconferencing, though. At that time I will truly reevaluate my wireless carrier.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Places I frequent and relative performance
    Place---Sprint/Cing/VZW
    Rural US (boodocks)---sucks/sucks/good
    Spain---nada/excellent/nada
    UK---nil/excellent/nil
    China---none/excellent/not yet
    Taiwan---none/excellent/nope
    France---none/excellent/nope
    Germany---none/excellent/nope
    Thailand---none/excellent/nope

Why do I want Sprint?

I have Cing 650 and a cheap phone on VZW for the boonies in the US.
    Sprint...gave up VZW due their history of Yesterdays Phones At Todays Prices...

I spent 9 years in the US Army, saw enough of the world, could care less if I can use this phone in Europe or not, since I don't plan on leaving the Lower 48.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sprint...gave up VZW due their history of Yesterdays Phones At Todays Prices...

I spent 9 years in the US Army, saw enough of the world, could care less if I can use this phone in Europe or not, since I don't plan on leaving the Lower 48.
    This is news...

How sad I'll have to travel all by my lonesome...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast