1.    #1  
    I have Verichat and so far am pleased with it. I hear a lot of neg feedback on it.

Does anyone use Causerie? How does it compare? Better, worse, or same? Any advantages or disadvantages?
    Verichat Rocks!
    If you like Verichat and own it stick with it. I happen to prefer Causerie so check it out if you're interested in comparing for yourself...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is there a freeware chat application? Has anyone ever paid for an IM application on their desktop computer? I am new to the Palm platform (I just bought a 650 for VZN) and I'm kind of annoyed that there is such a lack of quality freeware. The applications for Palm seem excessively expensive. $24.95 here, $19.99 there. Is the Palm so difficult to program for that there isn't a thriving freeware community or am I just looking in the wrong places?

kurt
    i have both causerie and verichat. i like verichat's features better. but each to their own.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Does causerie have always on?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Yes it does.

I like Verichat better.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I have an old version of verichat running... never got around to update it. Do I just download the new one on top of the old one? or delete the old then add the new? (( Forget it... I figured it out.. thanks.))

I use both, and I have to say I like Verichat better. Causerie was good, but my overall opinion is that verichat was the stronger product.
    Last edited by KAOSWLF; 06/19/2005 at 10:48 PM.
    I am using Causerie and liked that for its rich interface and stability.
    I feel Causerie is better than Verichat overall.
    I like causerie better. The UI is good and I have not faced any problems with it till now.
    This is an old topic but:

I use to prefer Verichat but it seems unstable. I uninstalled it for the whole week and buh bye strange crashes. Can anyone support that? Is it just my installation?

Causerie: Does your phone seem more stable?