Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are we being forgotton?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Looks like it so far. I am hoping that we will see something in the coming days. I have crossed my fingers....and everything else that I have 2 of !!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  3.    #3  
    Will ATTWS/Cingular update has BT DUN as in Sprint?
    Hope you are right that the release will be out in days.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    I am not trying to come off snyde here, but having experience with them, you have a better chance at winning the lottery than for then to release this anutime soon. I could be wrong....If the coder's at ATT/CNG would get off of their fat asses and finish the "personalizations" they put into the ROM, you would get it right away. It is tragic the the carriers can rest on their laurels while PalmOne gets a bad name for not releasing the new code, when its the carriers fault. I for one got lucky and have Sprint. The difference between the base firmware and the new stuff is night and day better in favor of thw new stuff of course. I really hope ATT/CNG realize their oportunity here and release it soon...
    bit_bucket
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    eh, kind of unfair to blame the programmers (not one); in my experience at many, many companies, it's ALWAYS poor management making bad decisions that stifle progress.

KILL ALL THE MBAs!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    eh, kind of unfair to blame the programmers (not one); in my experience at many, many companies, it's ALWAYS poor management making bad decisions that stifle progress.

KILL ALL THE MBAs!!!
    I second that emotion. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Are we being forgotton?

You must be a newb Cingular customer to ask such a question. Of course we're forgotten! But I thankfully came to that realization before the 650 launched and did myself the favor of buying an unlocked one and freeing myself from their subsidy bondage. Yes, I paid more but I'm also reaping benefit from it now by getting updates Cingular hasn't released and not worrying about special software I'd lose in the process.

... just food for thought in future buying decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I second that emotion. . .
    Well, the way to speak is with your business... move to another carrier that you think will do better.

Once recent fun experience I had with Cingular and Goodlink led me to understand that so long as you weren't an original customer of ATTWS you'll be forced to use a WAP GPRS profile in order to make Goodlink work? Very, very long story, and there's a thread I can point you to if you want to read more about it. But the funny part is that Cingular now sells GoodLink service! And they only sell it (right now) with the 650. I confirmed with a few phone calls that even with this bundled service -- which they completely acknowledge only works with WAP -- they will still force/strongly urge/whatever you to buy a PDA Unlimited data plan with it, because it's a PDA.

When I pressed the support-bot on this point, she was emphatic that "the PDA Unlimited plan also offers WAP service, not just ISP and ISPDA". I almost peed my pants laughing. All I could say was "I'm sure your marketing people are smarter than me... but I would never knowingly pay an extra $20 to $30 just to not use the extra service I'm paying for." I removed GoodLink from my phone that day -- totally confused our IT person by asking them to delete my GL profile from the server, after trying to get it working for so long -- and haven't looked back. Thanks be to ChatterEmail and products like NexChange.
    An unlocked phone would have been smart in my case as well. I paid near retail price for the Cingular version. I don't use Versamail, XpressMail, or any other Cingular options. Although I was one who was preaching patience a couple of days ago, based on what people are saying, it seems that Cingular is dragging their feet on this one.

This is the 2nd product I'm waiting for improvement firmware for. I've been waiting for 6 months for firmware for the Zen Touch 20GB player so that it can support the MS Plays for Sure technology. Great player, poor support. That's how I feel with the Treo.
    I bought my phone from Cingular (full retail about a week ago.) Plenty of time left on my thirty day trial. I wonder if I should return it and get an Palm One unlocked GSM version. It's a bit more money though,
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I bought my 650 from Cingular about two months ago. Lastnight I upgraded to 1.13 with no problems and it only took about one hour to do it. Even backupbuddy worked flawlessly. Sorta feels like a different phone now..without all the xpressmail and stuff on it. Can't tell if its unlocked or not though.
    deanfx, what upgrade package did you use to upgrade your cingular phone?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I followed these instructions http://blog.treonauts.com/
    I was nervous as hell too!
    I like that blog, but I'm prob going to go with Cody's instructions here at TreoCentral IF I decide to do this. Who knows? PalmOne may roll out Cingular's update this week.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I like that blog, but I'm prob going to go with Cody's instructions here at TreoCentral IF I decide to do this. Who knows? PalmOne may roll out Cingular's update this week.
    I figure that palm will always upgrade their software first so now I can just use their upgrades instead of having to wait on Cing for these things. It will be intresting to see what Cing does fix.

That blog just has a link to codywalkers instructions basically the same thing. It was just easier for me to follow the blog instructions. Plus I got to upgrade Docs2go and Zap!
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    I bought my 650 from Cingular about two months ago. Lastnight I upgraded to 1.13 with no problems and it only took about one hour to do it. Even backupbuddy worked flawlessly. Sorta feels like a different phone now..without all the xpressmail and stuff on it. Can't tell if its unlocked or not though.
    Flashing firmware and ROM code doesn't affect subsidy locks (locked or unlocked) in any way.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Flashing firmware and ROM code doesn't affect subsidy locks (locked or unlocked) in any way.
    Thanks for confirming this taroliw. I guess this is just a rumor.
    Hey all, nexchange corp lite 1.5c is ready. You can get it from the helpdesk http://support.nextworks.com/helpdesk . It has a bunch of fixes like:
    DST works correctly
    New items in the device get synced to exchange again
    It doesn't reset the device anymore with the licensemgr installed...so if you deleted the licensemgr be sure to install 1.5a then hotsync this prc over it.
    It handles large number of deletes correctly now too.
    Can I access my corporate e-mail via OWA using nexchange?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    Hey all, nexchange corp lite 1.5c is ready. You can get it from the helpdesk http://support.nextworks.com/helpdesk . It has a bunch of fixes like:
    DST works correctly
    New items in the device get synced to exchange again
    It doesn't reset the device anymore with the licensemgr installed...so if you deleted the licensemgr be sure to install 1.5a then hotsync this prc over it.
    It handles large number of deletes correctly now too.
    Please don't SPAM!

This thread is about FW upgrade, not email.

You've already posted this elsewhere.

You've got a lot of supporters on this board, but given the slips on your delivery schedule, you're already on thin ice. I wouldn't do anything that might give anyone cause to be more pissed off.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast